Someone asked me for a “required listening” list for blues guitar… and I was, at first, a little surprised.
But then I realized that it’s easy for those of us who “live” with blues music to find a lot of great examples of the blues… and if you’re new to the blues, then it’s not always so obvious.
So I thought I’d throw a couple out there, and let you help me help the newcomers with the rest in the comments. (And keep in mind that I might also grab some of these for some new lessons 🙂
So here are some of my top blues song (in no particular order, I’m just typing them as they come to me)
- Stevie Ray Vaughan – Texas Flood
- BB King – The Thrill Is Gone
- Eric Clapton – I’m Tore Down (from “From The Cradle.”)
- Albert King – Born Under A Bad Sign
- The Blues Brothers – Sweet Home Chicago (also the Clapton version)
- Derek And The Dominoes – Key To The Highway
- Robert Johnson – Crossroads
- Elmore James – Dust My Broom
- Gary Moore – Still Got The Blues
- The Allman Brothers – Stormy Monday (live at Fillmore recording.)
Alright… your turn… GO!