Chicago Blues Camp 2022 Registration is now open!

JohnHurley

Rock and Roll
The Chicago Blues Camp is Monday, May 29, to Friday, June, 3, 2022, From the email I just received:

"Register for this 5-day immersive camp to get 6+ hours of instruction and jamming per day, with instructors who are all professional musicians who work, live and breathe the Blues. Most of our instructors and guest artists are Chicago Blues Hall of Fame Artists. Join them at Chicago Blues Clubs for late night performances. Become part of the Chicago Blues Network."

OK so I am signed up for this and regular pricing still in effect until the end of this month. I am not affiliated except by attending ...

This is going to take place at Roosevelt University and "dorm housing" is available for the week at 500 dollars.

I did not like the initial sound of the dorm housing but basically it means that a dorm room will share a bathroom with another dorm room but ( unless you are part of a couple ) but only one person in each "room". The guy doing most of the work coordinating things is staying there himself and he says its fine etc so thats what I will also be doing. ( Probably will take an air mattress along for me just because ... just in case ... also I always have a big white noise generator along ). 500 dollars for that option for housing versus probably up to 1.5 or 2 grand for ( nice ) hotels downtown chicago. It looks like 3k ish for me ( tuition and gas and dorm housing ) before other meals etc. Depending on expendable income levels sure its a deal breaker for many people but it is what it is.

It sounds like a lot of great songs taught and jam sessions "ensembles" and some playing out at various blues clubs around the area. Theres a track for blues guitar intermediate and advanced and a bass guitar track and a vocals and comping track. Seems like can mix and match across sessions that interest you to some extent.

I hope to see some more of my BGU people in Chicago! Yeah yeah video will be coming out eventually I am sure ...