Fender Mustang Owners

snarf

making guitars wish they were still trees
Gave it a shot, and the error that I get is "Remote server not found." If you click the option for forgot password, it takes you to this page. Fuse is officially dead, unsupported, and all carryovers have been removed. Looks like Fender doesn't want us using it anymore...at least not in any official capacity.

Mr.Scary

A Blues Legend in My Own Mind
Yes that is what I get to. So no need to log in for anything anymore. Lately I've just been using the pre amp setting or the Marshall and Twin Reverb amps plus pedals.

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
I bought a Mustang I probably 8 years ago. It was for an experiment I was doing at the time. I don't even remember what the experiment was and the Mustang I has been packed away in the original factory carton for a while now. But I did manage to find a version of Fuse (Ver. 2.7.1). I have no idea if it is that most up to date version, but if anyone needs a copy, drop me a Private Message and I can give you a link to download it. The Mustang is down the hill in my utility shed, so I haven't tried to connect, but the software installed without issues on my current Win10 machine.

I also have a ZIP file (I have no idea where it came from) with over 9,000 presets, if anyone is interested.

TwoNotesSolo

Student Of The Blues
At least on the Mustang III and above you can do anything Fuse does from the control panel
My son still uses my Mustang I and you can't edit settings without Fuse.

So if you ever buy another fancy digital setup make sure you can at least use the internal controls (the 11R is another example). Save the manual though, because you may need it to remind yourself how to do it. And the Mustang manual is no longer downloadable either.

Mr.Scary

Worse comes to worse you can plug into effects loop return and only use the power amp section

dwparker

Bluesologist
This whole situation really bothers me and I can't seem to let this go. Mustang III's came to market like what, 4-5 years ago, and now Fender has decided to make them prematurely obsolete. I think it absolutely s..ks that the computer industry does this, now is this going to be a new trend in the music industry? Are we now beginning a new age where if you buy guitar gear with programmable options you had better plan on having to replace it within 3-4 years because you know it will no longer be supported? The vast majority of guitar gear is purchased by hobbyists and it can be an expensive hobby. We don't need premature obsolesence of gear jacking up the prices even more. I am seriously rethinking about what my strategy should be with future equipment purchases. I want a new amp, but I think that as of today, if there is a usb port on the back of the appliance, it is off the list of potential candidates, same for pedals. And I am no luddite, I've worked as a network engineer, network designer, product development manager and international project and program manager in some of the worlds largest telecoms and tech companies for over 20 years, so my professional life is built around technology, but this stuff with Fender Fuse is total BS. Ok, I'm stepping down from my soapbox, sorry for the rant.

Al Holloway

Devizes UK
It's unfortunate. However from what I am reading here. The Mustang software is based on siverlight, which Microsoft are discontinuing. This is an old development framework. I don't really feel it is Fender's fault. I think they have handled it badly. However they would have to put a lot of expensive development in to continue support with no financial gain.

cheers

Al.

TwoNotesSolo

Student Of The Blues
Silverlight works on Windows 10. If you can find the installer from a friend, it still works fine.
Fender is discontinuing distribution of the software, you can't even get it from their web site, and discontinuing the online community for sharing presets between owners, which does not rely on Silverlight.
We're not talking about updates or bug fixes here.
So it IS their fault/choice to force obsolescence by removing access to working technology.

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Silverlight works on Windows 10. If you can find the installer from a friend, it still works fine.
The Fuse Installer will call it and install it. Microsoft still has it available for d/l. I installed Fuse last week from V 2.7.1 on my main computer which had never had Silverlight on it with (seemingly) no issues. I couch that statement because my Mustang I is down in my utility shed in its original carton and I'm not terribly inclined to go get it so I haven't tested the connection.

TwoNotesSolo

Student Of The Blues
I works. reinstalled it a week or two ago for my new computer and it works fine. Can;t log into the community, that's all

Mr.Scary

The Fuse Installer will call it and install it. Microsoft still has it available for d/l. I installed Fuse last week from V 2.7.1 on my main computer which had never had Silverlight on it with (seemingly) no issues. I couch that statement because my Mustang I is down in my utility shed in its original carton and I'm not terribly inclined to go get it so I haven't tested the connection.

I better get a copy off my PC now and install and back it up on another. Never had a thought that my PC I use now will quit working someday.

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
My Mustang III V1 will last me many more years.
Oe reason: Because I spent hours and hours milking the very best tone out of it for my six favorite presets and those are saved and don't require any tweaking I can't do directly from the amp.

Next reason: I got a Quilter MicroPro 12" HD combo and matching 12" extension and now my Mustang III just sits against the wall looking cool.

I agree with Silicone Valley Tom. For me it's all about MY tone. I have no interest in trying to exactly emulate some artist's recording ... it isn't what he actually sounds like live anyway, his recording has been twiddled with and fiddled with in the studio for hours being tweaked to his and his producer's liking.

I am much like Griff ... just a good solid clean amp tone and a minimal pedal board for OD and basic effects of delay, chorus, rotary and wah.

Last edited: