December 2021 Challenge - What year did you turn 18?

Elwood

Blues
Nice Steve!!! :Beer::Beer::Beer: Back to the future, back to the beginning of the challenges with Prine. (y) Good job, good choice, and yes...I like it too! :thumbup:
I say, play so you like it. That makes it easier for others to like it, and at least you won one over right from the start!!! :D
Merry Christmas!!! Looking forward to many more in the coming year!!! :Beer::Beer::Beer:

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cuw9z6h5389v0o6/NUMERONE.WAV?dl=0

This was the number one song in 1962---It was wrote by a country music singer/song writer Don Gibson-- where it went to #7 on the country charts in 1957 it was re-recorded by Skeeter Davis a female country singer the same year where it went to #1. Tab Hunter (one of them pretty boys movie stars) recorded it in 1961 or 62 trying to horn in on "Pat Boones" success; that was when Ray Charles heard him do it and said ENOUGH IS ENOUGH---he had already recorded a few years earlier but never released it...he went back to the studio and rerecorded it. It instantly went to #1 in a matter of a couple weeks on Billboard---it also topped out on the country music charts-and the easy listening charts and rythenm and blues charts. A 4 Bagger home run.
Ray released it on his album "The modern sound of country and western music"---it was a 2 sided hit---With "I can't stop loving you" #1----and the flip side "Born to lose" making the top 10 on both the pop charts and country charts. Ray said it was "The best blues song ever written".
So here is my crappy version of it. Almost embaressed to put it on here I did what I could do with it----you take on Ray Charles you got to be a WHOLE LOT BETTER AT EVERYTHING THAN I AM.

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
That's pretty tasty, Dave!
That's a perfect song for you.
You and your twin brother sounding good.;);)

Nice recording job to.

A fine Christmas present :Beer:

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
Thanks guys but you are to kind-----I guess you missed that one word that I mispronounced. I can't stop "WOVING" you". :rolleyes: My brother tried to drown it out but he didn't do a very good job, it is still there. :ROFLMAO::rolleyes::eek:

cowboy

Blues, Booze & BBQ
very, very late to the party...

1968 Top 10...

1) Sympathy For The Devil - Stones
2) All Along the Watchtower - Jimi Hendrix
3) While My Guitar Gently Weeps - Beatles
4) The Weight - The Band
5) Hey Jude - Beatles
6) Jumpin' Jack Flash - Stones
7) White Room - Cream
8) Piece of My Heart - Janis Joplin
9) Waterloo Sunset - Kinks
10) Born To Be Wild - Steppenwolf

...gotta think about this one a bit...later.

cowboy

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
We have already got--#2 Watch tower---#6 Jumping jack flash----#10 Born to be wild. So how about ----#8 Piece of my heart. That's my vote.:rolleyes: Just jokin. buddy.

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager

1968 Top 10...

4) The Weight - The Band
5) Hey Jude - Beatles
7) White Room - Cream

cowboy
My birthday is mid year, I span 67/68.
68 was a hell of a year.

Jump in, we'd like to have you join in.

sloslunas

NM Blues

1968 Top 10...

4) The Weight - The Band
5) Hey Jude - Beatles
7) White Room - Cream

cowboy
You been slackin' brother...

Steve

Elwood

Blues
Good one Dave!!! (y)(y)(y) Sounds like the Raelettes dropped an octave in there :eek:. Standing by for "Help Me Make it Through the Night" :D
Nice tune!!!:Beer::Beer::Beer:

HenryRodriguez

Blues Newbie
For those of our friends not in the U.S., 18 is (was) a major rite of passage for former U.S. colonials. In a lot of U.S. states, the legal drinking age (aka, debauchery phase 1) was 18 at the time. So, for this challenge, direct your questions to Google to ask what tunes were released in the year you turned 18.

For the demographic represented in this forum, there should be some absolutely tantalizing blues, R&B, Rock & Roll, nuggets that you can relate to which should make for an ass-kicking contribution to the December 2021 challenge!

Party on dudes!

Edit: If you have your heart set on a tune that was within a year or two of when you turned 18, no one here is going to check your ID.

I turned 18 in 1969. Here are the songs and albums for that year.

https://playback.fm/charts/rock/1969

https://www.albumoftheyear.org/genre/7-rock/1969/