Blues boxes resource PDF sent via Griff's daily e-mails the other day

Lefty Jeff

A little blues rosetta
Talking about the PDF with all the boxes in major and minor, with the root notes identified, etc.

This is such a wonderful tool. Thank you for putting it together, Griff. My humble request is to know if there is a left-handed version of this available, please? Would it be something easy for you to create and make available?

It sucks being a lefty sometimes. Thank you in advance!

-=Jeff

Lefty Jeff

A little blues rosetta
Interesting tool. I've never seen that before. I will give it a try. Maybe there is a way to only flip certain parts of the pages? Probably need a full version of Adobe Acrobat to be able to edit them like that.

-=Jeff

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
Are you asking about the actual original version or the most recent multi-colored update? :unsure:

I can check when I first downloaded it, but I would imagine it was first made available before I became a "newbie" in 2013. :oops:

Last edited:

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
Are you asking for when it was originally posted or for where you can get it?

Last edited:

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
https://griffhamlin.infusion-links.com/api/v1/click/5600925044572160/5456232974385152

It was most recently sent out last month in 4-23-24's email as referred to by the OP, “A perfect little resource for “the boxes” [PDF]”.

This updated version was first announced in an email dated 11-3-20 titled “Still confused with Major and minor blues boxes?”

There’s also a link to it in the blog video from 4-5-22 titled “Adding in all the blue notes”.

I’m pretty sure Griff has linked it in other blog posts as well.

The "original" I was referring to is attached and is dated 11-23-15 in my files.

There’s also a link to it in part dated 2016 beneath the video in the Scale Trainer

Attachments

• major and minor boxes complete lesson.pdf
    268.5 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
BTW: Diagrams of the boxes without the roots designated are in the Appendix of the original BGU manual dated 2008. :cool:

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
Today’s email “How do you use your blues?” takes you to the blog post “Many ways to blues solos” originally posted 11-24-16 which also now has a link to the updated pdf.

Last edited: