Electric Guitars NUGD

TerryH

Blues Newbie
Hi Mark,
Great guitar. I've got the double cut version. Are they the same pickups, or do they do something different with the single-cut? Just curious. I get the feeling that PRS change the pickups on the S2's all the time. I could be wrong. I find the pickups on mine quite hot. I usually have to dial the volume back to get a really nice clean tone - at least to my ears.

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
Hi Mark,
Great guitar. I've got the double cut version. Are they the same pickups, or do they do something different with the single-cut? Just curious. I get the feeling that PRS change the pickups on the S2's all the time. I could be wrong. I find the pickups on mine quite hot. I usually have to dial the volume back to get a really nice clean tone - at least to my ears.

From what I can tell, the Custom double cuts have the 85/15 S pickups? The single cuts have the #7 ones.

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
So, while experimenting with my pair of SS and Modeling amps I've also been doing some A/B between the new PRS and the Gibson 339 (with Burstbuckers). I'm happy to say the PRS more than holds its own! The coil splits sound nothing like the neck/bridge of my "Strat" but they do have an interesting tone of their own. :Beer:

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
Not planning to do any permanent mods to this beauty, but I did want to do something to make it "my own." I had this truss rod cover from another guitar, and it's one I really like, so this morning I did some trimming and sanding to get it down to the right size to fit.

tr_cover_PRS_S2_25jan2020.jpg