Electric Guitars NUGD

Zzzen Dog

Blues Junior
SWEET!! I scored a mint 2008 Custom 22 PRS (USA, Core, hell if I can keep the designations straight), and it is an incredible guitar. And as part of my search I started seeing taking a look at their hollow and semi-hollow designs. One may be in my future as well. Enjoy!!

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
Okay, had to put the new bairn to bed as it's quiet time now in da house.

First off, I don't know what its story is, but I don't believe it's ever been played. The tags were still on a tuning knob, the gig bag had the unopened case candy bags in the pouch and the bag still had the original tag on it (you have to break the connector to remove it). According to the neck tag it was made in February of 2019.

It's gorgeous. I'm probably going to restring it soon but not just yet. In honor of that SDOD thread about the Quilter 101 I fired up my 101 Mini Reverb to try it out, and am going to use that for awhile and get used to both of them. I'll be trying it on a couple of my current-favorite presets on the Bias Mini, too.

Between the two pickups and splitting them it has a wide range of tones and I like all of them. That state will evolve as I experiment. I noticed I could take the tone pots all the way to zero and it still sounded good.

Feels great! Nice heft, great balance. Fit and finish are, of course, superb.

Gonna be spending lots of quality time with it! :Beer: