What is the difference between............

GnLguy

Blues Newbie
I'm currently working on How To Improvise Solos and Blues Speed Building Blocks

How does the 2 Blues Solo Construction Kits differ from How To Improvise Solos?

GnLguy

Blues Newbie
Hey Tom

Thank you for your response and the information. That is what I was hoping to find - a clear & concise answer that would help show the differences

Seems that How To Improvise and Blues Solo Construction Kits will work hand in hand and not be a repeat of each other. Since Griff is running a sale on BSCK, its a good time to invest

Thanks again
Keith
aka GnLguy

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
"How To Improvise" takes 5 licks and shows you how to modify them as you rotate them through 5 different positions within the 12 bar form.

"Construction Kits" give you 5 different licks for each of the 5 (or 7) positions, i.e. 25 (or 35) licks that only fit in one position.

TheodoreJ.Marcin

Blues Newbie
Hello,

I'm familiar with the 5 positions. What are the other two? 6 and 7? are those octaves or major?
Sorry if this is a stupid question but I just bought the slow blues course and looking at the manual there aren't 7 positions noted there are a ton of them.
I never heard of seven positions.

TM

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
Hello,

I'm familiar with the 5 positions. What are the other two? 6 and 7? are those octaves or major?
Sorry if this is a stupid question but I just bought the slow blues course and looking at the manual there aren't 7 positions noted there are a ton of them.
I never heard of seven positions.

TM
Griff’s referring to 7 places (positions) within the progression where people usually fit in a lick or phrase.

He maps them out on page 9.

He’s not referring to positions (boxes) of any scale.

Although some people do define 7 positions/boxes for diatonic scales rather than 5 like Griff does in “Modes Unleashed”. :unsure:

This is a good example of the confusion in the guitar world caused by using the same word to mean a variety of different things. :oops:

Last edited: