The purge has begun

dvs

Green Mountain Blues
HAH, I really don't need store credit. I'm trying to "slim down", not restock.
Yeah, understand.

In my case, there was little risk that I wouldn't eventually spend that much at Sweetwater no matter what happened. In fact, they only held my money for a couple of hours before I gave it back to them. (Can you imagine? The amount I got for the mixer was within $3 of the cost of a Studio One Artist to Pro upgrade...) There's a method to their madness, for sure!

Last edited:

MikeR

Guitar Challenged
Staff member
I'm kind of in the same mode as Mike. A lot of the stuff I have is either guitars I built or were cheap guitars that I modified and not worth enough to sell online. Probably just donate them.

I pretty much sell everything through Ebay or Reverb. Ebay has the biggest audience, which helps if you're trying to sell something a bit unusual. Also, they have the best shipping rates/options. Their fees for stuff classified under "Musical Instruments" is less than Reverb (last time I checked). I use Reverb more for guitar sales as they're a more sophisticated audience that are more likely to recognize the value of something. What I don't like about Reverb is that it won't calculate shipping for individual buyers. So, you have to either offer free shipping, or include a cost that will cover something going cross country. I bought some of Reverb's guitar shipping boxes awhile ago, but they are so big that shipping costs are outrageous. I'm adverse to selling on Craigslist because I really don't want arbitrary people coming to my house. I don't know that I trust Facebook either.

mountain man

Still got the Blues!
Gosh.... With the help of a Gibson factory trained luthier I'm fixing and modifying guitars with pups I like to keep them in the fleet! Now there is no way I'll sell my PRS custom. Next on the rotation is the Jeff Beck Artist strat. I'm thinking of replaced the ceramic magnet noiseless pups with the Eric Clapton alnico 2 noiseless pups.... :Beer:

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Yeah, understand.

In my case, there was little risk that I wouldn't eventually spend that much at Sweetwater no matter what happened. In fact, they only held my money for a couple of hours before I gave it back to them. (Can you imagine? The amount I got for the mixer was within $3 of the cost of a Studio One Artist to Pro upgrade...) There's a method to their madness, for sure!

That's cool & might be something for me to think about. Nice to have and takes up no space (except on my hard drive).