Solo 5

Discussion in '5 Easy Blues Solos' started by JohnJ, Jul 20, 2019.

  1. JohnJ

    JohnJ Indianapolis,Indiana

    Joined:
    Oct 22, 2015
    Messages:
    152
    Likes Received:
    95
    Spent a lot of time on this one trying to get it better but I am ready to move on. I need to keep working on it though especially the full bend in the 10th measure on the 3rd fret B string.https://soundcloud.com/john-199621254
     
    #1 JohnJ, Jul 20, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2019
  2. Jalapeno

    Jalapeno Southeastern Michigan

    Joined:
    Jan 20, 2013
    Messages:
    1,501
    Likes Received:
    1,698
    Getting bends to pitch is a lifetime exercise so we all keep working on that. Or we all should be :) .

    That was not too bad at all. Played on a Strat? Sounds like pickup selector position 4 or 2 of a Strat.

    The double stops are the hardest part of that solo, I found, when I was learning it. The muting of the high E string is not an easy thing to do.

    Keep up the good work. Yes, and move on. Griff says get it 80% and move on the other 20% will come as your skill improves doing other things.

    Eric
     
  3. JohnJ

    JohnJ Indianapolis,Indiana

    Joined:
    Oct 22, 2015
    Messages:
    152
    Likes Received:
    95
    Thanks for the input. Much appreciated. Yes, I played the lesson on a Strat, the pickup selector was in position 3, amp was a Mustang 3.
     
    Jalapeno likes this.