Open Jams or someone to jam with?

JohnHurley

Rock and Roll
Well we have several live Dallas members including Griff and Mike S. But yeah blues societies or fb a lot of this stuff happens on those avenues.

B0F33E56-0BD6-4205-83C7-211FA924E8EE.jpeg

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Thank you
Probably need to define "Rockwall area" there are loads of Open mics and even a few Blues Jams in the North Dallas area (Dallas, Addison, Allen)
Blues Jams
Dallas:
The Balcony Club
The Goat
The Cottage
Addison
Nates
Allen
The Lion & Crown
Little Elm
Savory Kitchen
Several of these tend to attract some pretty good p[layers, but every one that I've attended has been very welcoming.

For Open Mic Nights check the facebook page "Dallas Area Open Mic"

ScottyBlues

Blues Newbie
Actually live in Rowlett. Haven’t ever played with anyone before, so it’s pretty intimidating but really want to play.
Thanks for all the info!

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Actually live in Rowlett. Haven’t ever played with anyone before, so it’s pretty intimidating but really want to play.
Thanks for all the info!
I'd check out the open mic nights first. There you can usually either play by yourself or at many, the host (or host band) can play with you.
One that I started at was way over in Flower Mound at The Point After North on Sunday night. it's run by a couple of really great guys Chris and Warren. They also host one on Wednesday night at The Maverick in Carrolton.