Never Give Up

Crossroads

Thump the Bottom
Was listening to this Graham Nash interview again, and if you listen to the first 8 minutes, he talks about the rejection CSN received when they first started.

After auditioning the first album for George Harrison and Simon and Garfunkel, they didn't get it. Made CSN start to wonder "maybe we are no good". But they persevered and the rest is history.

So remember to play for yourself, and believe in yourself, accept constructive criticism, and just blow off the negative stuff.

There is some salty language and references to drugs if that is not your bag.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXaQLQs-YSY

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
CSN is ALL about harmonies. When the harmonies are working they are the most amazing group I've heard, but when they are off (which happens sometimes in their live shows) it can sound awful. I'm guessing that early on when they were auditioning, they were off more often than they are these days. Just a guess.
Doesn't change the concept of sticking with it. They were convinced that their harmonies and playing were good. It may have just take some time to perfect.

OG_Blues

Guitar Geezer
Always a timely topic - I was recently in Dallas for a week helping to nurse my daughter after she had back surgery. While there, I stumbled onto a little local magazine called "Post Uptown Dallas" that had a superb article in it entitled "20 Tiny thoughts Crushing Your Biggest Dreams".
While not specifically about music, it made some really good points that many of us can benefit from. I have asked the publisher for permission to reproduce a portion of the article here, and am awaiting their reply. Hopefully they will agree.
Tom