NBD

Elio

Student Of The Blues
After repeated efforts to assure @PapaRaptor that I was "just looking", I somehow pulled the trigger on a Sire Marcus Miller 5-string bass. I briefly considered an Alec Baldwin defense by saying that I didn't actually pull the trigger but that it somehow went off on its own, but I'm reasonably sure that won't fly. For the record, I personally blame Steve Araujo and his livestream for this.

-1998721562466351506.jpg

Last edited:

Zzzen Dog

Blues Junior
Sweet! I've been wanting to try one of the Sire Marcus Miller basses. Maybe you'll have it at the next jam?

Elwood

Blues

Heritage-3 preamp system unlocks unlimited sonic potential​

Bassists of all stripes and styles will surely appreciate the Marcus Miller V7's amazing tonal range. It's equipped with a Heritage-3 active/passive preamp system, which allows you to get as surgical with your sound as you like. Leave it in passive mode and you'll have control over master volume and master tone, as well as a pickup blend control for dialing in the perfect balance of thump and bark. Engage active mode and you're rewarded with three bands of EQ, with a sweepable midrange that makes it easy to cement your place in any mix.

Elio

Student Of The Blues
Nice! What do all those knobs do?
Every time I get them figured out, I manage to forget them within a few minutes. I had a fantasy about immediately taking it to the nearest jam, but I can see that between the extra string and all the knobs, it's going to take some practice for me to not screw something up. I've already mistakenly hit the low B string instead of the E more times than I can count, although I'm getting better at it.

Starting from the first, it's a stacked knob with both master volume and passive tone control, followed by the pickup blend knob. The next 3 are the EQ knobs for the active pickup mode, with the middle one having a stacked knob for the midrange sweep and also the mid EQ adjustment. The mini toggle is to switch it between active and passive mode. With the exception of the midrange sweep and master tone, it isn't actually all that different than my 4-string Peavey Dyna Bass, but it's still been enough to throw me a few times.

It really has a dizzying array of tones!

dvs

Green Mountain Blues
Every time I get them figured out, I manage to forget them within a few minutes. I had a fantasy about immediately taking it to the nearest jam, but I can see that between the extra string and all the knobs, it's going to take some practice for me to not screw something up. I've already mistakenly hit the low B string instead of the E more times than I can count, although I'm getting better at it.

Starting from the first, it's a stacked knob with both master volume and passive tone control, followed by the pickup blend knob. The next 3 are the EQ knobs for the active pickup mode, with the middle one having a stacked knob for the midrange sweep and also the mid EQ adjustment. The mini toggle is to switch it between active and passive mode. With the exception of the midrange sweep and master tone, it isn't actually all that different than my 4-string Peavey Dyna Bass, but it's still been enough to throw me a few times.

It really has a dizzying array of tones!
Cool! I saw it had a master volume, master tone, p/u blend and 3-band EQ, but that's 6 controls and I counted 7 (plus the active/passive switch) - the mid-frequency sweep explains that. I think it would make me dizzy, too!

TexBill

Blues in Texas
And I thought the S 1 switch on some Strats was a dizzying adventure....

Easy detector modus operandi, test with something ferrous. When pup is on, magnetic field is strong. When off, magnet is weaker.....

Elio

Student Of The Blues
And I thought the S 1 switch on some Strats was a dizzying adventure....

Easy detector modus operandi, test with something ferrous. When pup is on, magnetic field is strong. When off, magnet is weaker.....
That's how I finally figured out that I had the knob diagram upside down and that I was interpreting them backwards.

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
I see you attached the pickup cover. It looks classier that way. I hope you get used to it soon.

Last edited: