Luthier Brick Laying is a thing....

Jalapeno

Student Of The Blues
Is that stamped concrete? The last picture looks like oak planking but the first picture looks like concrete with lines scratched in. Or is oak laid over the concrete? I like it but spruce would be better tone wood :rolleyes:

Eric

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
Being a concrete/stucco man most of my life, It looks to me to be an overlay---that is where you pour the concrete to form---then go over with a thin coat of mix- (possibly stamped first) then you use a board to the width of the wood planks-and carve light groves in it to simulate the wood planks. the amazing thing is the way he stained the overlay to look like real wood---it is a masterpiece of art that took many-many-many hours to create and my hat is off to him---excellent job-to say the least---makes me want to do one--I did my interior walls with stucco then used that same method to make it look as if they were bricks (35 years ago--people still think it is laid brick.:thumbup:

BigMike

Blues Oldie
Wow, wish I had have thought of that last Winter when I laid out my patio. May have caused the wife some grief though :mad:

Wildwood

Playin' Blues
Is that stamped concrete? The last picture looks like oak planking but the first picture looks like concrete with lines scratched in. Or is oak laid over the concrete? I like it but spruce would be better tone wood :rolleyes:

Eric

I had the same questions...