Lesson 12-jazzy Blues

Goonergoose

Blues Newbie
well got to say this is the 1st time I've felt a little discouraged. I don't know if it's just my brain but I felt this is incredibly difficult, I guess all the new chords, the theory the substitutions. It has so far been the most difficult lesson to date. Maybe I approaching this one all wrong. I've been on it this week and feel as though I've made next to no headway and not a lot wiser now!
Any advice or and thought would be much appreciated.
Andy :-/

chemeagle

Blues Newbie
I've been working on it for 3-4 weeks and I finally have the song in my head.  I am still slow, but have most of it memorized.  I figure another 2 weeks should get me in the "slow" version wheel house.  You are right - it is a tough lesson, Griff crammed a lot of stuff (cool new chords, neat sounds, difficult timing, and some unfamiliar finger gymnastics)into this one lesson, so spending a month or two on it seems reasonable for me.  Your mileage may vary.   :)

Those jazzy chords were unusual and difficult for me too. It took me more than a month to build any muscle memory and a passable recording of lesson 12.   I practiced it well over 100 hours.

You can do it, don't give up!

david moon

Attempting the Blues
Well the whole point of this lesson is rhythm playing. Shuffle rhythms, new chord voicings, and some turnarounds.

david moon

Attempting the Blues
I've been been working on this one for at least a month. Hope to get comfortable with it soon and record.