Just started the course

JeffreyS

You are never to old to learn something new.
As I said in other pots on other courses I really struggle with timing. So i don't want to go ahead in BGU (lesson 6 is as far as I have gone) without getting a grip on timing at least to some degree. So I am working on the early lessons of SRM, 52 Rhythms, and now I bought this course for the warm ups I have read about and the timing help.

I love the warm up, no doubt it will help with flexibility, strength, and finger independence.

Timing wise I find I can count, tap my foot and play 1/4, 1/8, triplets, and 1/16 notes OK at a slow tempo (triplets of course are more difficult) but add the metronome and it all goes to heck in a hand basket. My plan is to work on it the next 2 weeks without a "nome" then try again. Once I can play the above notes at 60bpm I will move on with the course.

Sound like a decent plan?

mountain man

Still got the Blues!
I think that course is really great! I use the fundamentals when I take solos all the time. What I would do is work on the exercises at what ever speed you can and get the finger technique and coordination. I would not just hang out there at that particular exercise until I could get it really fast. I would move on and get more exercises at that similar speed. Otherwise it'll get stale and boring. I would not leave any of the exercises or the course until I was able to play at the desired speed. So I would simultaneously work many exercises and bring them all up to speed. I think I worked on that course most every day for 3 months.

PapaBear

Guit Fiddlier
As I said in other pots on other courses I really struggle with timing. So i don't want to go ahead in BGU (lesson 6 is as far as I have gone) without getting a grip on timing at least to some degree. So I am working on the early lessons of SRM, 52 Rhythms, and now I bought this course for the warm ups I have read about and the timing help.

I love the warm up, no doubt it will help with flexibility, strength, and finger independence.

Timing wise I find I can count, tap my foot and play 1/4, 1/8, triplets, and 1/16 notes OK at a slow tempo (triplets of course are more difficult) but add the metronome and it all goes to heck in a hand basket. My plan is to work on it the next 2 weeks without a "nome" then try again. Once I can play the above notes at 60bpm I will move on with the course.

Sound like a decent plan?

Sounds like a good plan to me, 60 bpm is good speed to focus on fundamentals and technique and then use Griff's speed bursts to improve speed.

Thatman

Playin' for the fun of it.
I understand what you saying and I suffer from the same condition. :(

However, luckily enough the February Challenge has now got me playing triplets at 100bpm with all the 5 boxes and I'm stunned.

I have the PSTM course but due to doing everything and nothing in particular I haven't touched this course in a while. I think the time has come to change that. Thanks for the plan. (y)