June 2021 Challenge - BEATLES Covers

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Thanks Marc & Moto!!!

Moto and Dave, I guess "For No One" did not get the attention from the public that I thought it did. I may be prejudiced, Revolver and Rubber Soul are certainly among my favorite albums. I just thought 4no1 was a standard anthem for broken hearts. :cry: Still, while Sir Paul was pining over Jane Asher, Mick was prancing around singing "Under My Thumb", and Jr. Wells was knocking 'em dead with "Snatch It Back and Hold It!" Ha! :LOL:
Here is an interesting link that gave me the ending for the tune. The Beatles' For No One ORIGINAL ENDING! - YouTube
That's hilarious. It would be even better if the did a more convincing sounding McCartney voice in the interview.

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
Anybody want a Backing Jam Track of a Beatle song?: Here's what I got. #1---I feel fine--( pretty damn good sounding track) #2 Day Tripper--#3 Drive my car---#4 Your bird don't sing--(crappy IMO)---#5 Back in the U.S.S.R.---( decent)--#6---I saw her standing there.--(pretty good).

I also have 4 that have already been done. Something (Excellent-probably the best))---Let it be (Pretty darn close) and-- Get back (Not bad) and 'As my guitar gently weeps> But in all honesty I would rather not repeating something that has already been done, but if you want I'll send it to you.
If you want to try one I can give you just a drum track or-Drum-Bass track---or go full bore ---with the whole 9 yards--Key boards--Guitar.--drums---bass. If any body is interested let me know..--I can record it in any key you want--and any tempo---Faster--slower. you call it.
The drum and bass tracks are pretty much on the $$$---some of the key boards sound a little funky---but I can E.Q. them the best I can:rolleyes: add some reverb and course to them and help them out a lot.

Last edited:

Many Moons

Biking+Blues=Bliss
You guys just keep putting up tune after tune. (y) Braylon is like a BEATLES jukebox!!! :Beer::Beer::Beer: Anyway, I have always had a hard time just sitting by, soooo :whistle:

Let's get some crow on the barbie!!! o_O I'm gonna need a whole lot to eat right now. Here it is, right from Mr. "I aint gonna do a BEATLEs tune" (me), a you know what. And yup, going back to @MarcV earlier in this thread...I was wondering if yawl have any crow flavored ice cream for desert.:eek: it seems this one has more than six words too.

You guys inspired me to attempt one of my favorites from Sir Paul. And you came real close to outright scaring me off with all your amazing tunes!!! :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

As usual I claim the following only to be inspired by the famous BEATLES tune it vaguely resembles.

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/1rwj8dt32fxwdwx/For No One.mp3?dl=0
Just like Dave, I don't know that one.:confused: You did a great job on it though. Guitar sounds class. You've really nailed recording acoustics.(y)(y) Great picking as well.(y) Well done Elwood.(y)

BraylonJennings

It's all blues

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
something to do with the whisky! Anyway, here goes....
Hey Steve---you my kind of guy. I loved it----:Beer::Beer::Beer:---reminds me so much of some of our Biker Camp fire gatherings. 4-5 guitars
a harmonica once in a while and a whole lot of had clapping and bunch guys/gals singing but can't remember the words but sing along anyway.
Made me feel good to know we ain't the only ones out there havin' fun. You ever in Arizona look me up.:D:D:D.

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
Need to hear a lot more of the guitars Dave!!
Not really---that is what I covered up-big time.....I did it with electricity 4 times, it sounded so bad--(even after EQn the heck out of it), it was still unpresentable---so I just did the old acoustic and vocal on one track--then threw in anything I could think of to distract everyone from the horrible guitar playing. ;).

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
@blackcoffeeblues
Yesterday was a decent day, tomorrow will be better!;)
All the dirty tricks paid off.:thumbup:

I'm with MM on this, no cowbell, just a little more guitar.

(y)(y)(y)

This challenge got me looking back at George Harrison's work, (he was always my favorite Beatle).
Forgot, that he was a pretty good slide player.

Nice challenge Dave, you got a lot of great participation:Beer:
Thanks

Steve_Whant

Blues Junior
Hey Steve---you my kind of guy. I loved it----:Beer::Beer::Beer:---reminds me so much of some of our Biker Camp fire gatherings. 4-5 guitars
a harmonica once in a while and a whole lot of had clapping and bunch guys/gals singing but can't remember the words but sing along anyway.
Made me feel good to know we ain't the only ones out there havin' fun. You ever in Arizona look me up.:D:D:D.
We do have fun on the West Coast of Scotland and Kenny has a very wide repertoire - Simon & Garfunkel, Johnny Cash, Gordon Lightfoot, John Denver, Tom Petty, Don McLean, James Taylor.....and....many Gaelic numbers. We do a mean rendition of Falsom Prison Blues - maybe the next challenge should be live recordings?