Glad to be here!

AndyErickson

Blues Newbie
Heya! Brand new all access pass member here but I have been watching Griff’s YouTube videos for a while now. Been playing guitar for quite a while now, all self-taught, but I’m kinda in a spot where I need good solid instruction to get to the next level. I’m excited to join this community because it seems to have everything I need. I’m excited to get started!

artyman

Fareham UK
Hi Andy and welcome to the forum from one of the UK mob, great bunch of folk on here with plenty of advice and encouragement, if you want to practice your skills take a wander down to the basement and join a group of us in the Virtual Jam Room, a non threatening environment to dip your toes in the water so to speak.

AndyErickson

Blues Newbie
Hi Andy and welcome to the forum from one of the UK mob, great bunch of folk on here with plenty of advice and encouragement, if you want to practice your skills take a wander down to the basement and join a group of us in the Virtual Jam Room, a non threatening environment to dip your toes in the water so to speak.

Thanks so much! I saw that in one of the intro videos, definitely gonna check the out!

mountain man

Still got the Blues!
Welcome to the forum Andy!! Good to have you with us!! :thumbup:

That next level? When I think I might almost be there something becomes obvious that I really don't know what the heck I'm thinking about............ :ROFLMAO: :Beer:

AndyErickson

Blues Newbie
Welcome to the forum Andy!! Good to have you with us!! :thumbup:

That next level? When I think I might almost be there something becomes obvious that I really don't know what the heck I'm thinking about............ :ROFLMAO: :Beer:

No doubt! I like to think of it as an endless growth opportunity with a few plateaus along the way. I feel plateaued in a couple areas and I’m hoping Griff and all y’all can help me break through!!

AndyErickson

Blues Newbie
Welcome Andy! Wilebski's in St. Paul and Famous Dave's in Minneapolis were the best blues spots when I lived there. Are they still doin' the blues thing?

Thanks Tommy! There are a few places that do blues in the area; Wilebski's, Hollihan's in White Bear Lake, Apple Valley American Legion, Bloomington VFW, Bogey's in St. Paul, and probably severals others that I'm missing. I have young kids at home so it's hard to get out and away to see a good live blues gig, but I'm part of a Blues James Minnesota group on Facebook that promotes a lot of these shows and weekly blues jams. Good stuff.