**FIXIT** Submission Thread for February 27, 2023 Session

PapaRaptor

Dancin' Fool
Staff member
Please list your FIXIT request in this thread OR create a new thread in the AAP Live Session Discussion section.

If you create a new thread, make sure to put FIXIT in the thread title so it can easily be found. Thanks!
This list is for Griff's reference during the live webinar.

@JonBarter
FIXIT for Feb 27 Jon Barter Solo over Hamlin Down to See my Baby
If you have issues with this link playing, the submission is also available here:
https://paparaptor.com/AAP/JonBarter-Down To See My Baby - Bb Cover 1 20 23.mp3

@Jack
The solo has a couple of full step bends with a big ol' rock n' roll vibrato on them - I need to practice that technique a lot more. Not too sure about the production, there's that huge bass synth and drums which take up a lot of space; I dropped them down a few db during the choruses to give the guitars a bit more room. I think it sounds vaguely similar to the original...or not :)

@MichaelCapella
After my last submission you suggested I try creating my own solos, and you also suggested the Blues Gig in a Box course. I started playing on some of the the tracks in the Virtual Jam Room. They can be really fun and challenging so I highly suggest it to those who haven't given it a try! This is my take on "I Believe" from your Blues Gig in a Box. I didn't try to learn your solo or fills, just played with the track a bunch of times until I started to have a feel for it. Then I started recording. Found in listening back that my timing wasn't so good! Finally did a take that I liked but still found a number of timing issues. Had to go through the recording and figure out what I should have played to be in time and teach myself my own licks! Great learning experience! I chopped the keyboard solo out to shorten the track. Thanks for all the encouragement and suggestions. Here it is:

@MikeS
Well, I wasn't going to submit this one for several reasons, not the least of which is that I got the track, laid down the rhythm then solos in one hour.
I was hoping to finish the Outro solo and polish everything, but with only 3 submissions, well, what the heck?

BTW, This only proves that Mark, Chris and the Single Barrel Horns can make ANYONE sounds pretty good.

@Peter Wynne

My attempt at chord by chord blues soloing lesson 14 solo 1.

@Alan B. Go.
I was learning That's All Right Mama for my band. Here's one of my practice sessions.

@PapaRaptor
This is a tune I recorded for the February Other Member Recording section challenge. Complete with cheezy sounding Clavinet.

Last edited: