Blues Newbie
I'd use this:
E: 0
B: 0
G: 1
D: 0
A: 2

Isn't that E7 Gary and Wayne with the G# in there?

The chords you are playing panther seem to be the best voicings for that progression.  I think that you will gain the strength you need to play it in good time.  Just persist and I am sure it will be fine.
Meanwhile just shake your hand out at every opportunity.
Yeah - I blindly copied it, but the G is the third, EGB and sharping it makes it a major 3rd, thus a major chord.  That would explain why adding the G natural on the 6th string didn't sound so good!   :-/

gpower

Blues Junior
That makes sense. I was just messing around and tried something else with that progression.
E: 3
B: 0
G: 0
D: 0
A: 2

Gave the whole progression a softer feel.

B

beauxPatrick

"and the beat goes on".... this thread will still be going long after panther's performance!

bP  ;D

panther

Blues Newbie
Right now I'm sitting here getting nervous, with less than 2 hours before my great debut performance.
Autographed 8X10's, and CD's will be available in the lobby, and on line after the show.
Contact me personally for bulk orders.

"Panther"

panther

Blues Newbie
Well it's over, and I will most likely over analyze the entire performance.
I got claps, no one threw anything at me, but only those close to me said nice job.
So take it for what it's worth.
My opinion, nothing to write home about.
Anyone want 5000 CD's cheap....I'll use the photos for Christmas cards.

"Panther"

B

beauxPatrick

Congratulations... You did great just by getting up there and doing it.

I did an open mic a few months back, just poetry, but all was well until I stood in front of the mic... I froze!!!

For what seemed like an eternity I stared at the audience and they stared at me... then I started to speak. I read most of the work and I rushed through it rather fast.

But, my wife said she couldn't tell I had frozen and she thought I had done real good. Typically at a poetry reading you don't get applause, but I did. So, I went back the following week with my guitar and amp... I did a set of all original songs and I felt a lot better the second time.

Point is.... you will improve each time you do it, so be available to do more. When you rehearse, practice talking to the audience as if it were live and record it... either on your computer camera or a recorder. I have the ZOOM H1 stereo recorder ($99) and it is great for recording rehearsals.

More on the recorder later post...

Anyway... YOU DID GREAT!!!

beaux

wgabree

Blues Newbie
Panther - did you record it?  Most musicians are WAY too critical of themselves and only hear their mistakes.  More often than not, if you give it a listen afterwords, it's much better than you thought while you were playing.

:cool:

Alexander Blue

Surfers Rule !!!
Hey Panther,
   Takes nerve Brah  :) ... you did just fine regardless ...

Here's to 'ya  [smiley=beer.gif]    [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

panther

Blues Newbie
I had recorded the song on a flash recorder and brought it with me to listen to prior to playing. I wanted to make sure the tempo was in my brain right up to the last second, but like an idiot I could have recorded the song on the flash recorder but didn't think about it.
I sat their afterward, and listened to another singer play 2 songs, and for the life of me I couldn't even tell you what they sang. Everything seemed surreal for about 5 minutes
"Panther"

B

b0b_b4rk3r

Good on ya for getting up there Panther......takes a lot of guts.. :cool:

I'm sure you did just fine......so time to start practicing for the next time.... ;)

Cheers,

Bob

B

beauxPatrick

I love how this thread goes on forever...  goes to show who your friends are!

bP

panther

Blues Newbie
I was talking to the Gal that sang after i did. She would like to get there early each week and practice playing some things together...
Now where did I toss that box of CD's and photos.
I think if I would have waited until I thought I was ready, it may have been a lot longer coming. I have a long, long way to go, but it can only get easier from here on 'I hope'.
"Panther"