Downhearted Blues Section 1 - Intro

Ivan

Blues Newbie
I finally got around to looking over this course and decided to give Downhearted Blues a shot. I figured it would make a cool winter project.

I recorded this with my Squire CV Telecaster. Funny.....I was going to sell this guitar a few weeks ago. Somehow, I ended up swapping out the pups for Seymour Duncan Hot Rails on the bridge and DiMarzio Twang King on the neck. Now I'm kind of liking it.....for now.

I recorded this section using the neck p/u with a Delayed Princeton pre-set download off "In the Blues'" website.  Anyway here it is.

https://db.tt/w3oIrtVc

Thanks for listening.

Ivan

Blues Newbie
Thanks Dan. Looking forward to hearing your takes on this one. It's a great tune.

juanlu

Blues Newbie
Wow Ivan !!! Sounds really really good, and the tone is gorgeous! Nice Squier upgrade! Looking forward to hear some  more. You nailed it. Good job man!!

mpaq

Canfield, Ontario, Canada
Reserecting an older thread here, only because there are no other posts for this song and this is the one i figured id start with as well.

Have you made any further progress Ivan? What you posted sounds awesome!

And i notice you're only a half hour away from me so id love to work on it with you....

Ivan

Blues Newbie
Thanks mpaq.

I haven't had a chance to get back to this solo at all. Actually I haven't had time to look at anything else in this couse.

Just looked up Canfield. Looks like it's right in between Cayuga and Dunnville. Small world!

Things are ally busy right now for me but maybe we can get together down the road.

wannaplayblues

Blues Newbie
I know nothing about that course - but your guitar playing was amazing. I could hear just how mellow and gentle to the touch your playing was.

The delay works so well on this recording!