December 2022 Challenge - It's the Holidays!

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Here is my offering for the December challenge. Wow, a lot of chord changes but worth the work. I started working on this tune on Monday. Here is the culmination of about 15 hours worth of repetition. There are some rough spots but not as many as I thought there would be. I found a YouTube backing track to play against. There is a rhythm guitar on the track with some fills. The rest is me playing my LP shown in my profile pic :oops:

Tasty!
Nicely done.
Sounds great, nice tone, good recording and mixing quality.
(y)(y)(y)

FrankL

Mr. Bites Off More Than I Can Chew
Tasty!
Nicely done.
Sounds great, nice tone, good recording and mixing quality.
(y)(y)(y)
Thanks, Cap! I'm really just learning how to manage Studio One. The tone is coming from the output of my Fender Super Champ XD (tube) amp on the clean channel with a little delay added. The guitar is on the bridge pickup. It's all going through my Focusrite Scarlett DAW into Studio One.

Ted_Zeppelin

I’ll agree with you so that both of us are wrong.
Here is my offering for the December challenge. Wow, a lot of chord changes but worth the work. I started working on this tune on Monday. Here is the culmination of about 15 hours worth of repetition. There are some rough spots but not as many as I thought there would be. I found a YouTube backing track to play against. There is a rhythm guitar on the track with some fills. The rest is me playing my LP shown in my profile pic :oops:

Very nice Frank. You’ve got me in the Christmas spirit now.

FrankL

Mr. Bites Off More Than I Can Chew
I'm thinking you are no longer "Mr. Bites Off More Than I Can Chew."
Really nice rendition, my friend!
You're too kind. Thank you!

What's the cliché? It takes 10k hours to master something? In my case it's at least twice that. I started this journey in January 2011. That's 143 months ago. There are 104,390.11 hours in that many months. I can assuredly say that I've played my guitar more than 10% of that time which would at least be the equivalent of 10k hours of playing.

I still have to work so hard just to suck. But I'm getting better. You're right my friend, I can no longer profess to bite off more than I can chew, with guitar, to the same degree.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
I cheated again---not all the way I did play the tamborine (out of beat).
My 11 year old Grand-niece- Mia-- came up to visit a few days ago for a belated Thanksgiving dinner; she looked pretty bored so I ask her if she liked to sing--she said yes, so I ask her if she had ever heard her self before-she hadn't so I recorded her singing "Rockin Round the Christmas tree".
It is really short but I think you will agree This kid can sing and has a BEAUTIFUL voice.
The recording is nothing spectacular as you will hear.
She sounds so cute!
Now is the time for her to get started. Your encouragement is a great thing.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member

Great job Frank!

Ted_Zeppelin

I’ll agree with you so that both of us are wrong.
Collaboration with Ted Zeppelin he killed it with his song but wanted some other takes on the vocals.

Its a tricky song I gave it a whack ...

Father xmas ==> Father xmas demo
Nice job. This is a hard song to get all of the words in while keeping it in time. I’ll even forgive you for skipping the last part. :cool: I almost muted out the acapella parts from mine but realized it would be kind of odd having that blank space.

JohnHurley

Rock and Roll
Nice job. This is a hard song to get all of the words in while keeping it in time. I’ll even forgive you for skipping the last part. :cool: I almost muted out the acapella parts from mine but realized it would be kind of odd having that blank space.

Ah ha i had no idea what was going on there your guitar was so fine it seemed like it should be over!