Cloud Shine (an original) and Not Today (an original)

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
That's some good stuff!
- Cloud Shine..............nice rock'n tune(y)
- Not Today............reminds me of my youth in the 60's(y)(y) loved it!
Where you guys at Woodstock?
All good music on your BandCamp site..........you'll be making the big time soon:thumbup:

BigMike

Blues Oldie
Great rock! Love the kick drum on Cloud Shine, really cut through. Good production, well engineered and very well played and written, can't really say anymore. (y)(y)

arock

Help! I'm a rock
That's some good stuff!
- Cloud Shine..............nice rock'n tune(y)
- Not Today............reminds me of my youth in the 60's(y)(y) loved it!
Where you guys at Woodstock?
All good music on your BandCamp site..........you'll be making the big time soon:thumbup:
Thanks! Wasn't at Woodstock, but certainly of that era. Intention on Not Today was to make it sound trippy, bluesy, swampy....a bit of phaser effect was used to get the swirly sound. Reminded us of our psychedelic youths, also. Cloud Shine was just a Stones inspired riff that we turned on it's head a bit. The first guitar solo is mine...totally different than anything I've played before. Was done on the spot, no planning, first take, then we left it alone. It is over a F#, G, A, B progression.

arock

Help! I'm a rock
Great rock! Love the kick drum on Cloud Shine, really cut through. Good production, well engineered and very well played and written, can't really say anymore. (y)(y)
Thanks, BigMike! You can thank Beat Buddy (we call him Pounder) for the drums. I like him better than the drummer in my band because we never disagree over musical directions, hahaha!

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Thanks! Wasn't at Woodstock, but certainly of that era. Intention on Not Today was to make it sound trippy, bluesy, swampy....a bit of phaser effect was used to get the swirly sound. Reminded us of our psychedelic youths, also. Cloud Shine was just a Stones inspired riff that we turned on it's head a bit. The first guitar solo is mine...totally different than anything I've played before. Was done on the spot, no planning, first take, then we left it alone. It is over a F#, G, A, B progression.
That spontaneous stuff is often the best part of making music :thumbup: