April 2022 Challenge - Instrumental Blues

Elwood

Blues
Thanks Moto!!! I had to try every trick you guys taught me recording....I am liking Logic Pro OK!
That is a "sit around and noodle" tune for me with an acoustic so I am familiar with the tune. Never heard it that way until just now though. :)
I got some drums (like many "real" drummers, I wanted it to sound like this, and the drums were played like that. So, I just got a bunch of em beating on the skins!) then bass, then added the 12 fretter (Eloniee:love:). Then I got out my very best tele, my American Elite. Just could not get it going well. Back to the Mira. I don't chart much at all so I played the Mira just kinda chasing Eloniee through the tune using memory, anticipation, and reaction to what I was hearing. I mostly got lucky!
It is interesting how we all have so much in common, and so much different. I thought there would be 10 players ready to jump on this tune, that is the only reason I called it in advance. And while it is not over, I also thought a version of Harvey Mandell's "Cristo Redentor" would be popping right out. And, and.... Not complaining, it's wonderful to hear what others come up with, always a treat!!!

sloslunas

NM Blues
Thanks Moto!!! I had to try every trick you guys taught me recording....I am liking Logic Pro OK!
That is a "sit around and noodle" tune for me with an acoustic so I am familiar with the tune. Never heard it that way until just now though. :)
I got some drums (like many "real" drummers, I wanted it to sound like this, and the drums were played like that. So, I just got a bunch of em beating on the skins!) then bass, then added the 12 fretter (Eloniee:love:). Then I got out my very best tele, my American Elite. Just could not get it going well. Back to the Mira. I don't chart much at all so I played the Mira just kinda chasing Eloniee through the tune using memory, anticipation, and reaction to what I was hearing. I mostly got lucky!
It is interesting how we all have so much in common, and so much different. I thought there would be 10 players ready to jump on this tune, that is the only reason I called it in advance. And while it is not over, I also thought a version of Harvey Mandell's "Cristo Redentor" would be popping right out. And, and.... Not complaining, it's wonderful to hear what others come up with, always a treat!!!
You done good brother!

Steve

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
I havn't been on here much lately (busy-busy-busy) I don't know if you guys are just showing off your pickin' skills and recording skills--or what; but you darn sure scared me off. :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy: my old fingers don't work no more
All I can say after listening to all of them is---DAMN I am jealous....but I do still have 9 days---but don't hold your breath....good stuff guys---REAL GOOD..(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
aw c'mon! You have to have a few in mind. Having fun, learning and sharing, you do all that very well!

Get them fingers moving (why I play my patterns every day, when I miss I lose) and send some Black Coffee Blues our way!!!
It has got to the point where playing music anymore is WAY WAY DOWN on my list of priorities.
I do have one song that I started writing 2 YEARS AGO that I THINK, I may have found a verse to end it with.-- I am running behind 2 weeks -I wanted to have it done by April 7th---John Prine memorial day.

BraylonJennings

It's all blues
I don't know too many instrumentals, but I've been playing this song for a long time. Makes me think I haven't got much better. A dozen frustrating takes later, I throw my hands up and set it free. I've tucked a verse of this song into a lot of other tunes, even an earlier challenge number. Another garage rock blues, certainly another overreach for me.

Elwood

Blues
Makes me think I haven't got much better.
certainly another overreach for me
Dog gone it! I guess I just can't agree with much....I sure don't agree with those two statements! In reverse order, I detect no "overreach" what so ever! Which takes me right to your first statement. You bang together a complex piece, lots of moving parts, recurring themes, you play the parts all very well, record it well...and then....well look at what you got!!! Objectively, it's real good Braylon!!! Hate to hear you sounding like you are being that tough on yourself. So, hey it's springtime!!!

You have that one short melody stuck hard in my head (na na na na na na na na na) (aaarrrggghhhh!!!). I would not think of that as a tune I would go around humming, until...

Nice job on that!!! :coffee:FWIW: I have come to use my AirPods as one of my reference listening platforms. Using those I honestly don't hear any mix imbalance. At times the bass reminds me of a Jack Bruce type of tone, some of that mid bass punch, but it feels in character with the tune to me.

Many Moons

Biking+Blues=Bliss
Those guitar tones are class BJ!!!!!(y)(y) That was excellent. (apart from the bass overpowering everything else):eek: I listened through my Kali L6's. and had to throttle back big style on the volume. It reminded me of the Byrds for some reason.

dvs

Green Mountain Blues
I don't know too many instrumentals, but I've been playing this song for a long time. Makes me think I haven't got much better. A dozen frustrating takes later, I throw my hands up and set it free. I've tucked a verse of this song into a lot of other tunes, even an earlier challenge number. Another garage rock blues, certainly another overreach for me.
Sounds good! Sounds like you were having fun playing it, too, and of course that makes it sound even better. :thumbup::thumbup::cool: