Amplitube and Garageband

JohnHanau

Blues Newbie
Can't seem to figure out how to integrate my Amplitube into Garage Band. Can anybody shed any light into this? I guess its a matter of getting Garage Band to recognize third party plug ins. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

John

JohnHanau

Blues Newbie
Thank you... I have this and am struggling with step 6. I have a friend who is an Apple guru and he is going to help me with this. Thanks for always responding!

John

Jalapeno

Student Of The Blues
I don't use Amplitube with Garageband but I do have it installed with an older version of Logic Express.

I read the instructions paparaptor posted and they are straight forward so I'm not sure what issue step 6 would pose. You paste in the folder that you copied in step 2. Unless the instructions are for and older version of the MacOS and the library has changed.

The instructions have you using the paste function in the edit menu but normally with Mac programs you can right click (or command-click) and get a popup menu with the paste function, or command-V will paste if the GarageBand app allows it.

What is the issue? You did copy the folder in step 2, correct?

Eric

JohnHanau

Blues Newbie
Hey Jalepeno, I am not a Mac person. However, I do understand this. I need to put the Amplitube presets into Garageband. I finally accessed Amplitube from Garageband as a plug in but for whatever reason the presets (plugins?) don't show up in Amplitube. All the presets work fine in Amplitube outside of Garageband. The copy and paste thing just did not work. Gonna check with Amplitube CS today and maybe Sweetwater to see if they can help. Youtube is not help. All the examples are with older versions and they do not address the issue of moving the Amplitube presets into Garageband. Thanks for your time.

John

Jalapeno

Student Of The Blues
I went to the IK site and it looks like the Sweetwater instructions were pulled from the Ampltube FAQ, but they neglected to mention that it is just a workaround and the preset browser still won’t work even though the AU plugins will be available. The IK official instructions are to open a support case with their support team.

I hope their support team can get you working. It sounds like it broke with the newer versions of GB.

Eric