A real page turner

dvs

Green Mountain Blues
This is a new version of a song we first covered a couple of years ago. My wife, Sue, has been off the drums for much of the time since then due to a couple of shoulder injuries, and recently she's been able to get back to playing - still not at 100%, but getting there! The extended rehab time gave her an opportunity to start learning piano. It's also given us two more years of practicing and transcribing songs, and some singing lessons, plus we're learning a few things about how to use our recording and video editing software.

Bob Seger's Turn The Page:

Last edited:

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Excellent!
Nice to see the duo back together.

Looks/sounds like your learning is working

Last edited:
Reactions: dvs

FrankL

Mr. Bites Off More Than I Can Chew
This is a new version of a song we first covered a couple of years ago. My wife, Sue, has been off the drums for much of the time since then due to a couple of shoulder injuries, and recently she's been able to get back to playing - still not at 100%, but getting there! The extended rehab time gave her an opportunity to start learning piano. It's also given us two more years of practicing and transcribing songs, some singing lessons, and we're learning a few things about how to use our recording and video editing software.

Bob Seger's Turn The Page:
Most excellent! Nice to see my inspiration to learn drums behind the kit again.

PapaRaptor

Lonesome Cowboy Burt
Staff member
Sounds great, Doug. It's also great to see Sue back on the kit and to see her on video.
Really nice cover. Excellent performance and really good audio and video production.

david moon

Attempting the Blues
Nice to see both of you "back in the saddle".

Great cover of the song with audio and video production.

Just have to say, that song is a very ANGRY song.
See Mettalica's cover.

Not sure why they are featuring a prostitute/exotic dancer, seems to me the song is about life on the road for the musicians.

dvs

Green Mountain Blues
Nice to see both of you "back in the saddle".

Great cover of the song with audio and video production.

Just have to say, that song is a very ANGRY song.
See Mettalica's cover.

Not sure why they are featuring a prostitute/exotic dancer, seems to me the song is about life on the road for the musicians.
Thanks, David.

You make an interesting point about the video. I have to say I've never been much of a fan of Metallica's version of the song.

Last edited:

david moon

Attempting the Blues
Thanks, David.

You make an interesting point about the video. I have to say I've never been much of a fan of Metallica's version of the song.
Seger had that anger but it was suppressed.
I actually like the Metallica version better.

I don't get point of the Metalica video.