7-13-19 jam videos

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
Just started uploading videos from yesterday, there are also some older ones on my youtube channel..................would anyone be interested if I clear out my drop box, and place videos on there for say, a week so others can download them ?

I dont want to do the work if no one really wants them

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
you can subscribe, there are a ton more dating back a few years on there..................not sure if there is a way to steal them or not

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
I think in these from left to right is.....

@Elio , marv, alan, person whose name I do not recall, Rich, me, steve, and son of person whose name I do not recall

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
as I put more up, others there, some I dont think are on the forum were

Dick, John, Dr Ron, @MikeR , winston, and I know I am forgetting some

Dr. Ron

Nuthin’ But The Blues!
Thanks much for posting Mark. I've copied those of interest. Much appreciated and it was
great jamming with you and all the other OC BGU'ers! Much thanks to Elio for hosting.

Elio

Student Of The Blues
I think in these from left to right is.....

@Elio , marv, alan, person whose name I do not recall, Rich, me, steve, and son of person whose name I do not recall

Thanks for posting, Mark! The guy next to me playing slide is my old friend Tom Hynes, who is a local jazz guitarist and music professor. His 16 year-old son, Michael was playing bass at the other end of the stage.

Dr. Ron

Nuthin’ But The Blues!
Tom teaches music for a living? I enjoyed jamming with him.

Last edited:

Elio

Student Of The Blues
Tom does music for a living? I enjoyed jamming with him.

He primarily teaches jazz guitar and composition but also plays a lot of local jazz venues in OC and the South Bay. He occasionally teams up with Marshall Hawkins, who played bass for Miles Davis.

MikeR

Guitar Challenged
Staff member
He primarily teaches jazz guitar and composition but also plays a lot of local jazz venues in OC and the South Bay. He occasionally teams up with Marshall Hawkins, who played bass for Miles Davis.

He sure is an excellent slide player! Thanks for posting the videos Mark. The ones I made look okay, but the vocals are kind of muffled. Don't know if I'll bother to upload them or not.

Elio

Student Of The Blues

Oh, and he has also had Griff's son and Eric Bell as students at his jazz camp in Idlewild!

Last edited:

sloslunas

NM Blues
Great job guys! Dick and John were band-mates of mine back in the day, as was Mike when we played Memphis...

Steve

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
He sure is an excellent slide player! Thanks for posting the videos Mark. The ones I made look okay, but the vocals are kind of muffled. Don't know if I'll bother to upload them or not.

just loaded a bunch more, eventually I want to invest in a better camera with a microphone hook up into it. I think over the years this one has taken a beating and my be having a slow death