50 Major Slow Blues Licks: Thoughts And Corrections

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
@Griff

One "Major" correction:

Bonus Solo 4, page 73, measure 6: Lick 4-8 (mod) is Lick 5-9 (mod).

A couple very minor typos:

In the mp3 player on the intro page "Section-9 Bonus Solo-4" is labeled Solo 5.

Page 8 in manual, last sentence before Lick 1: "I' will".

Course is much appreciated. (y)

Last edited:

Elio

Student Of The Blues
@Griff

One "Major" correction:

Bonus Solo 4, page 73, measure 6: Lick 4-8 (mod) is Lick 5-9 (mod).

A couple very minor typos:

In the mp3 player on the intro page "Section-9 Bonus Solo-4" is labeled Solo 5.

Page 8 in manual, last sentence before Lick 1: "I' will".

Course is much appreciated. (y)
I had to smile reading your post because us educators obviously read everything while being constantly on the lookout for spelling and grammar! It's all I can do not to try to correct just about everything I read sometimes. But, it's a skill that comes in handy when you have friends who publish stuff.

Griff

Vice Assistant General Manager
Staff member
I had to smile reading your post because us educators obviously read everything while being constantly on the lookout for spelling and grammar! It's all I can do not to try to correct just about everything I read sometimes. But, it's a skill that comes in handy when you have friends who publish stuff.
And you know I went through that manual repeatedly just looking for any little thing... still missed those :ROFLMAO:

Elio

Student Of The Blues
And you know I went through that manual repeatedly just looking for any little thing... still missed those :ROFLMAO:
Of course, it never fails! Several years ago, I wrote a textbook using a publisher who had their proofreader go through it. Even so, I would still occasionally find little typos here and there that both of us missed, so I began offering my students extra credit for any typo they could find and submit. Without fail, they would find a small handful every semester.

ChrisGSP

Blues Journeyman
Yep, once you've got those "Proofreader's eyes" you can never turn them off ;) .

One thing I always did - even after checking my own stuff meticulously and down to the most minute detail on the screen - PRINT IT OUT and look at the hard copy. The mistakes just jump off the page and hit you in the eyes. I think that's what's called "copy editing" (???).

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
I have a tendency to read what I THOUGHT I wrote instead of what I actually wrote.

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
Notice the “notice” regarding the new course when you open your course list. :cool:

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
Hmmmm. We’ve been talking about mixing Major and minor sounds for the past 10+ years I’ve been here.

“Combining” boxes usually causes quite a bit of confusion.

Now Griff has created the course I’ve been waiting for that focuses exclusively on doing just that for a “Major” sound.

But it doesn’t seem to have generated much buzz about it.

I feel kinda alone here. :cry:

Elio

Student Of The Blues
Hmmmm. We’ve been talking about mixing Major and minor sounds for the past 10+ years I’ve been here.

“Combing” boxes usually causes a bit of confusion.

Now Griff has created the course I’ve been waiting for that focuses exclusively on doing just that.

But it doesn’t seem to have generated much buzz about it.

I feel kinda alone here. :cry:
It's on my to-do list, but if I don't get through the ones I have in progress first, I'll never finish. My goal is to complete every course I start without distraction, but the downside is that I'm not the fastest at doing so. Knowing myself, if I get distracted with something else, I'll never get back to compete what I have in progress.

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
Here's a few more thoughts:

Over the 7 day launch of the new course Griff introduced new licks on days 1 2 3 5 6.

And added solos on days 4 and 7. I see a major pattern there. :unsure:

On the day preceding the launch his email was about reviewing the 5 boxes and on the day following about "levels" of approach and the day after that finding the I, IV and V chords in any key. Taken all together those 10 days are a darn good introduction to soloing without having to spend a single penny. :cool:

Lastly, I would't expect everybody to drop everything they're doing, but I was hoping maybe for some discussion of what's in it.

Even if only minor. :rolleyes:

Last edited: