Wah pedal recommendations

JohnHurley

Rock and Roll
I have never used one yikes. Not like i dont have enough issues just playing a guitar.

Picked up a used Jimi mini crybaby man it seems strange.

I think full size probably better whats the word on what yall like ...

Just like i cant really play guitar and sing at same time working wah pedal seems dicey but potentially fun!!

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
I've been using a Budda Budwah for years , I've been happy with it.
I wanted a wah with an indicator light and something smaller so, I picked up a modded Dunlap Mini and hated the small size.

I still think having an indicator light is a good feature.
I think the Buddy Guy version has that.

Elio

Student Of The Blues
I have never used one yikes. Not like i dont have enough issues just playing a guitar.

Picked up a used Jimi mini crybaby man it seems strange.

I think full size probably better whats the word on what yall like ...

Just like i cant really play guitar and sing at same time working wah pedal seems dicey but potentially fun!!

I use the SonicCake VolWah, which seems to be a similar size as the mini crybabby, and it doubles as a volume pedal. If I played enough wah-songs, I would definitely opt for a full-sized pedal, but given that I use the volume much more than the wah, the small version is a good option for me once I got used to it. Now, I just need to get good at it. ...or maybe just mediocre would be good.

https://www.amazon.com/SONICAKE-Gui...ocphy=1013647&hvtargid=pla-441657620591&psc=1

matonanjin

Chubby, old guy trying to play some blues.
I've been using a Budda Budwah for years , I've been happy with it.
I wanted a wah with an indicator light and something smaller so, I picked up a modded Dunlap Mini and hated the small size.

I still think having an indicator light is a good feature.
I think the Buddy Guy version has that.
What does the indicator light indicate?

Elio

Student Of The Blues
When the pedal is on.
Most wah pedals do not have an indicator light, while all or almost all other pedals do.
It's easy to forget that it's on, your tone sounds funny and you're scratching your head to figure out what happened.
The light is just a convenience.

The biggest problem with the VolWah is that the indicator lights are under the front of the pedal, where they are pretty much impossible to see while in use. I'm guessing that the point is that you use them to set it up and then you have to keep track of which mode the pedal is in.

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
The biggest problem with the VolWah is that the indicator lights are under the front of the pedal, where they are pretty much impossible to see while in use. I'm guessing that the point is that you use them to set it up and then you have to keep track of which mode the pedal is in.
InkedBGwah_LI.jpg

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Had one of these.
Great tone, good features.
Didn't like the size.
Wilson Effects Vintage Mini Wah

brlio5in5qacjfdl3vml.jpg

Stinger22

Blues Junior
Cry Baby's here. Old school. I have used a mini on one board. Not a big user of Wah had no problem with the mini once I learned how to put my foot on it.

JPsuff

Blackstar Artist
I have a standard-issue Crybaby.
Hardly ever use it but it's fun to have around just in case.

JohnHurley

Rock and Roll
Hmmmm found a Donner auto wah pedal you set a couple of things ( as desired ) then click it on.

String attack will then control any wah effect ...

I think that might work best for me so I don't have to do any foot work the price was right I ordered one.

mountain man

Still got the Blues!
I have the Dunlop Dimebag Cry Baby From Hell Wah Effects Pedal. It's not a pedal you would normally think that I would own as I really don't care for the Dimebag's music. This pedal has additional knobs that allow you to adjust your tone as you like. Instead of sounding like a cry "baby" you can make it sound like a cry "rhinoceros"!! It also has a power boost that is easy to tap with your foot. And it comes in a lovely camouflaged color scheme! Dunlop Dimebag Cry Baby From Hell Wah Effects Pedal | Guitar Center

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
I have a Morley Maverick mini switchless wah, and loved it.
Until ... I put together my very compact little pedal board and wanted a mini wah that would fit right in the case with my pedals and found this little HoTone VOW.
I love this little blue wah to death! I think it sounds better than the Morley and it's about half the size. It changes from a wah to a volume pedal with one stomp, and when in volume mode it works just like the volume knob on your guitar to clean up OD/Distortion ... very handy indeed. And it is built like a little tank, rugged as the devil.
COMPACT BOARD AND CASE.jpg
HoTone makes GOOD STUFF. Don't let their diminutive size and clutzy name fool you. Every one of their little pedals I have tried are EXCELLENT. I have their little Golden Touch on my board just to the left of the Philosopher's Tone compressor for my "Marshall" pedal.

Last edited: