Solo One recording

Ivan

Blues Newbie
Timing's a bit off but it seems like you slowly work to getting back on track as the solo progresses.

I think if you start off on time you'll have no problem holding it.

Other than that it was a great job!

[smiley=thumbsup.gif]

jmin

Student Of The Blues
Nice going Stratguy949! Good effort on the first solo. 5 Easy Blues Solos is my favorite course! I think your timing was a little off, but you did hit the notes (and bends!) well. As I listened, I kept thinking of Griff saying "you have to COUNT!" I think it would really help you. Some of your notes actually seem to be on the beat, just the wrong one. Good start!

Steve G

St. Simons Island, GA
Good first effort Stratguy.  the notes are mainly there.  You just need to work on the timing & clean up the bends a bit.  As Jmin said, work on counting.  Also, I find that playing it over and over along with Griff's full recording really helps in getting the timing dialed in.

AlanT

Blues Newbie
I agree with Steve G on this and I have found playing along with Griff really helps.(Well I think it does - you may tell me otherwise after I've posted my recording)!  [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

AlanT

Blues Newbie
Here it is.......only my second recording. Used an epi LP through Amplitube on IPad. Comments welcome.

https://soundcloud.com/alan-t-836694868/5-easy-blues-solos-number-1-in G

Jalapeno

Student Of The Blues
Stratguy, jmin said exactly was I was about to.  :) Tapping your foot to the recording while playing might help to keep the beat, if you aren't already doing it. Also, try to feel the rhythm of the recording while playing, sometimes when we concentrate so much on what we're playing that we lose that we're playing with a band.

Alan, playing sounded great, your part was lower in the mix than I'd like, be bold and put yourself out in front of the band ;)

AlanT

Blues Newbie
Thanks Jalapeño - appreciate the feedback. Still trying to get to grips with recording through Amplitube and will certainly bear that in mind on my next one.

[smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Steve G

St. Simons Island, GA
Sounded real good Alan!  Yeah, you just need to get the volume up on your track so we can hear you better.

AlanT

Blues Newbie
Here's my second attempt:

[smiley=thumbsup.gif]

https://soundcloud.com/alan-t-836694868/5-easy-blues-solos-number-1 v2

Momantai

Red nose, red guitar
Yeah ! you're getting the hang of it. Timing is a lot better in the last version. Just hold those bends a little longer or mute them sooner before they "go down".
Oh, I'm still learning such things too... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

david moon

Attempting the Blues
How is my timing, is it close? Epiphone 339 pro Fender Mustang III Tweed Sugar preset

https://soundcloud.com/nursedad/5easybluessolos-soloone-shuffle-in-g-12-8-15
It sounds like the backing track is flying by a little too fast for your comfort zone. There is a slow version on the audio CD, might try playing along with that. Also on the bends, be sure you know what the target is- half step or whole step. Compare your bend to the fretted note one or two frets up.

I've also found after working on a lesson for a while, it can help to go back to the Griff video and maybe you will pick up something you missed the first time.

Finally, I think all of us are somewhat intimidated by recording. I think we have all said to ourselves "I.'ve played that a lot better, I just couldn't capture it on tape." So keep on keepin' on.