Solo # 3

stratogeezer

Blues Newbie
Good baseline Tim..the "Griff" timing isn't quite there but you'll get it.
It didn't take you long at all to get it under your fingers.

Chuck

Moderator (One of the Men in Black!)
Staff member
Tim,  You had a lot of good things happening with that attempt.  The triplets are real tough but they are necessary to our development. You have good tone and an awesome feel, but timing on the trips is an important step in our progression!

It was a better first run than mine for sure!

Tim

Blues Newbie
Thank you!!

I wanted to establish a baseline. I am pleased with this as a "first run". Room for improvement for sure!! Thats what it is all about.

T

tagruvto

Tim -
Right on!  I just started looking at this one and it is a challenge.
Way to go!

Steve G

St. Simons Island, GA
Nice work Tim.  It's clear that you've put a great deal of time & effort into it & it's paying off.  That solo brought me to my knees & I'm still trying to stand up again.  All the elements are there and it will smooth out for you.  

Tim

Blues Newbie
Thanks guys for the encouragement.

Mike, if I slow it down to 90% we can hear greater articulation of the triplets for sure.

I may work at that tempo in order to get the right time.

I would like it to sound like Bruce's last post  [smiley=smiley.gif]

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
We would all like to sound like ANY of Bruce's posts. Maybe some day for me, but it's a long way off.

johnc

systematic
It's a great start Tim,  you have the structure pretty well there.   It is a major challenge to get the shuffle or triplet feel and timing under control so that is something you need to now work on to get this one flowing smoothly.   But it is only early days for you and you are going so well.   Thanks for posting your work so far on this.

Tim

Blues Newbie
Thank you guys for the encouragement. I like this solo 3 challenge.

I have recognized two things; getting the notes "under your fingers" and hearing the tune (ear training). I will listen to the original more with no guitar in hand and look at the notes while it is playing. I find this to help quite a bit. It worked on solo 2 for me.

I looking forward to a tighter posting of solo 3!!!!!

gpower

Blues Junior
Thank you guys for the encouragement. I like this solo 3 challenge.

I have recognized two things; getting the notes "under your fingers" and hearing the tune (ear training). I will listen to the original more with no guitar in hand and look at the notes while it is playing. I find this to help quite a bit. It worked on solo 2 for me.

I looking forward to a tighter posting of solo 3!!!!!

Great tip Tim!

Getting the feel for the piece, before trying to play it, can make a huge difference, when you do attempt the playing.

Tim

Blues Newbie
I just listened to my baseline post. Getting anxious to post my "improved version" Stay tuned!!

ihorowitz

Blues Newbie
Way to put it there Tim.  This one is defintiley a tough one for me.  Can't wait to hear the next version.