Slowish in A

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Thanks for posting the entire track.

Edit: Oops. Since I inadvertently deleted my other post (not enough coffee, I guess). I need to offer my congratulations on an excellent extended solo, Bill! It was your solo that made me pick it up and run with it. Excellent!

As I figured I would, I made a pig of myself and ate the second half in its entirety.... hence my plea for posting the virgin track. Besides that, it's a great track to have in your arsenal for practice.

Here's my Little Piggie contribution

I ate everything from 3:45 to the end.
I'm off to shovel the horse stalls at the barn... I'm late already.

Last edited:

markherrick

Blues Newbie
I'll 2nd that! This fits what I've been trying to find on occasion, uncomplicated and on the slow side. Thanks for posting it.

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Nice track billrand.
Very nice phrasing and the tone changes made for more interesting listening.
Well done.:Beer:
Papa,
Oh my..........you're good man.
Excellent!:thumbup:

jmin

Student Of The Blues
Really nice playing guys. Great start to Saturday morning! Great pick-up and finish Papa...sometimes you just gotta keep going when you know it's right!

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Please, someone pick up and start it again. It's a great track to stretch out on. And it's even better getting to listen to different ideas on it.

Here's a re-post of BillRand's link to the virgin track.

Slowish in A. Virgin track

Grab it and go!

jimsig

Me at BGU-Live 2016 in Sumner, WA on 5-13-2016
OK - this seems like a track I could really get sucked into…. SO I GRABBED IT!

RECORDING DELAYED DUE TO WORK ON Slow Blues in Cm I posted. If anyone else wants to add their solos to this go ahead, and I’ll probably restart with the virgin backing.

I may not get to record it until tomorrow, so please be patient, or else if you NEED to grab it NOW, just let me know!

Last edited:

Norfolk Bill

norfolk uk, just knoodling along
be best to just do it when you can, if someone goes before then do it after them :) or down load the virgin track

jimsig

be best to just do it when you can, if someone goes before then do it after them :) or down load the virgin track

Yeah - this is such a perfect backing to jam to, that I think we should encourage as many members as wish to to put up their contributions. I will probably start from the virgin track, because like you, I may just keep on going through the whole thing… or at least a good part of it. You’ve really got a hit here! (y)

jimsig

I’ve recorded over the whole backing. Is there any problem with me posting the whole thing, or is there a particular area you’d preferred filled instead? I’m out of time to listen to what is posted tonight. :(

Whatever I do, I won’t be able to post my solo until tomorrow… So nobody wait on me, if you are waiting to do a solo! :Beer:

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
I’ve recorded over the whole backing. Is there any problem with me posting the whole thing, or is there a particular area you’d preferred filled instead? I’m out of time to listen to what is posted tonight. :(

Whatever I do, I won’t be able to post my solo until tomorrow… So nobody wait on me, if you are waiting to do a solo! :Beer:

For an end-to-end recording, the most appropriate place would be the "Other Member Recordings" section. But I doubt anyone will object if you post it here. It might be a fun track to try and get several people to do a full recording of it, warts and all.

jimsig

OK - I’m not really happy with the whole solo, there’s a lot I’d probably do over with time, but I’ve been kinda under the weather today, so this is my attempt at soloing all the way through this great BT. BTW, During the count-in, if you listen carefully, you can hear my dog (Emily) whining - because when I play guitar I don’t play with her! :whistle:

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/su6le650cqgfckb/Slow Blues in A-jimsig.mp3?dl=0

I can’t edit my post above that says RECORDING DELAYED any longer, but I am done recording on this backing.

RECORDING FINISHED!

Last edited:

Dr. Ron

Nuthin’ But The Blues!
Jim...you had some nice elements in there Jim. Nice transition on the chord changes. The triplets and/or 1/16 note runs were a
little rough; but, I continue to struggle with those myself. Your dog was right on beat. Give him(her) a biscuit!

Last edited:

jimsig

Jim...you had some nice elements in there Jim. Nice transition on the chord changes. The triplets and/or 1/16 note runs were a
little rough; but, I continue to struggle with those myself. Your dog was right on beat. Give him(her) a biscuit!

Thanks Dr. Ron. As I said, I was not all that happy with my solo, but today I just a few hours ago came home from a Radio Frequency Ablation on the right side of my lower 3 vertebrae, and yesterday I was hurting from the failed back surgery (3-level fusion), and now I’m sore from those nerves being burned (hopefully killed for up to a year) so I probably shouldn’t have done two full 4-5 minute solos while going through this period, but I didn’t want anyone to wait on me if they wanted to do their solos. Normally, I wouldn’t post up a solo that I wasn’t much happier with, but time constraints kinda made me put it up anyway. I actually haven’t had a chance to listen to all the contributions since yesterday, but I will be listening to them ASAP!

And, thanks for the compliment for my dog! She will definitely get an extra treat for contributing so well to my full solo attempt! :D

Jon3b

Blues Newbie
Maybe this should be in Member Recordings, but I seldom stop in there.
Besides, it's not often we really get to stretch out and go for broke, best I get is 4 or 8 bars to give my own flavor to someone else's radio hit. (hey ... you try doing Angus note for note :cry: )
Made a point of remembering to build on a theme and intensity. Calling this one "Got a Fly with my Beer"
https://db.tt/2dS4iiMd

Turn up the fun!

jimsig

Take care of yourself Jim. Hope your back gets better.

Thanks Dr. Ron! The ablation seems to be a success. (y) My back today is virtually pain free, and this time the nerves responsible have been burned this time, not just numbed. So hopefully this will be a long term relief- perhaps a year if I’m lucky!

jimsig

Maybe this should be in Member Recordings, but I seldom stop in there.
Besides, it's not often we really get to stretch out and go for broke, best I get is 4 or 8 bars to give my own flavor to someone else's radio hit. (hey ... you try doing Angus note for note :cry: )
Made a point of remembering to build on a theme and intensity. Calling this one "Got a Fly with my Beer"
https://db.tt/2dS4iiMd

Turn up the fun!

Great solo Jon3b! You definitely built up as the backing went on and you sounded really great especially as you got further on into the song - fabulous at the end! I agree - I would much rather play a 4-8 minute solo, than just a minute or less, because I always find more ideas and creativity coming to me as I get further into the piece, and then if I play the whole thing again right away, I can start with the feelings I just had, and get quicker into playing them, and then taking the solo even further, and so on. Playing a minute does really let you grow into the part as much as being able to "stretch out and go for broke” as you said.

Nice to meet you and again, super job! (y)

Jim