NGD

TexBill

Blues in Texas
My trigger finger is sore......
Almost ordered strat-parts-caster last year. Due to excessive wait time for a body I decided to postpone gathering pieces.

So on Sat. past, I saw an offer that was hard to turn down. Fifteen % off was enough to get my attention...

So UPS arrived today with this little gizmo called PitchCrow-G clip-on tuner and a Strat HSS.
Main motivation was the HSS and maple top in Cherry Burst. Almost went close to that color and top combo last year. Glad I waited....

L21405000001000-02-2000x2000.jpg

TexBill

Blues in Texas
That a beauty, and I know you love those maple fingerboards. Congrats! What do they call that model Bill?
Thanks, Elwood.

That is a Strat HSS with maple top in Aged Cherry Burst. After months looking for a Strat HSS replacement body. I finally gave up on getting one in a reasonable time frame from Licensed Fender manufactures. The wait time was excessive and I was ready to build a parts-caster.

Well Sat. I received an email advertising a sale and went looking. Found this one. It didn't qualify as a sale item. Then I got another email with a nice discount. That is when I made the decision to get it.....Hum pup split is on the 5 way switch..

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
My trigger finger is sore......
Almost ordered strat-parts-caster last year. Due to excessive wait time for a body I decided to postpone gathering pieces.

So on Sat. past, I saw an offer that was hard to turn down. Fifteen % off was enough to get my attention...

So UPS arrived today with this little gizmo called PitchCrow-G clip-on tuner and a Strat HSS.
Main motivation was the HSS and maple top in Cherry Burst. Almost went close to that color and top combo last year. Glad I waited....

View attachment 20308
Sweet! I hope you enjoy it in good health for a very long time.

JPsuff

Blackstar Artist
Now that's a Strat I could get to like!
The maple top is a nice touch and the burst is subtle and quite pleasing.
Good luck with it!

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
So many strats are mono-colored or otherwise decorated so as to hide the underlying wood grain (I'm looking at you, Van Halen). For personal reasons I'm rather fond of ones like this, where the wood grain is allowed to show through.

TexBill

Blues in Texas
A look I have always been a fan of. Anytime wood grain shows, however subtle, is a plus. I did not want to duplicate a color already in the stable is another reason for picking this one.

Don't know how many of the group is into Parts-Caster or Parts-Tele or parts any other make and model, so it may come as a surprise that Fender Music Inc. sells replacement bodies.

The one aspect of that category I was not a huge fan of is that the bodies are manufactured in the Ensenada factory. So alternatives are limited at the Licensed Companies that produce such items. The wait times with Licensed entities is extreme.

After much aggravation and frustration, LOL, I decided to go for the alternative. That being said, this is a Player Stratocaster Plus Top series. Plus Top is described as Maple Top.

Plans are to use the body and replace neck with AM standard neck. That will make it possible to put the original Rosewood neck back on the AM Deluxe Strat returning it to its original config.....

And before I get Flamed for going to a Player, there just weren't enough alternatives. So There I be in the Hot Seat....
:Beer::Beer::Beer: