New to PSTM

Ivan

Blues Newbie
Just ordered PSTM yesterday and looking forward to starting. I'm currently on solo #3 in BGU and can't get past 75% of full speed....specifically on the triplets. I'm hoping this course will help but I'm also looking forward to learning all 5 boxes correctly with the right instruction and support from the forum.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Solo 3 in BGU was a bear. I'd move on in BGU and come back to solo3.

PSTM has defeated me several times. Every time I start PSTM over, I find myself stopping before I get very far.
I hope that you have better luck than I'm having with it. For now I've moved on to other things.

Ivan

Blues Newbie

PSTM has defeated me several times. Every time I start PSTM over, I find myself stopping before I get very far.
I hope that you have better luck than I'm having with it. For now I've moved on to other things.
Thanks for the heads up Mike!! Believe me I've thoght about moving on several times but the stubborn side of me keeps pluggin away searching for the magic bullet. You're probably right though....a rest is as good as a change. My course arrived yesterday so I'll give it a month or so and monitor progress. Thanks.

Rockybottom

Senior Bluesman
Just started PSTM and all I can say is it's a good job I am retired and have lots of time !  By the time I have done warm ups then had a drink and let the feeling get back to my fingers it's on to the next challenge somewhere in BGU.  The only thing that keeps me plugging away is the belief that it is something I need to do if I want to progress in a sound manner and not get bad habits.  I just have a feeling that in some cases I may benefit from a tutor as well to get over some issues a bit quicker.  I just have a feeling some times that it may be something simple in say arm/wrist position that makes it difficult and instead of trying to figure it out for half an hour or more someone sat in front of me who knows what they are doing would spot it straight away.
:mad:

mountain man

Still got the Blues!

Mike, I feel mo betta now.  I've completed the entire course and worked hard on it.  I even did the exercises using standard metronome time on other keys like E, F, G, B, C, D, and the course is in A.  What I have not been able to do is work each exercise ramping up the metronome to increase my speed... And I need to get back to it to refresh..

mountain man

Still got the Blues!
Just started PSTM and all I can say is it's a good job I am retired and have lots of time !  By the time I have done warm ups then had a drink and let the feeling get back to my fingers it's on to the next challenge somewhere in BGU.  The only thing that keeps me plugging away is the belief that it is something [glow=yellow,2,300]I need to do if I want to progress in a sound manner and not get bad habits.[/glow]  I just have a feeling that in some cases I may benefit from a tutor as well to get over some issues a bit quicker.  I just have a feeling some times that it may be something simple in say arm/wrist position that makes it difficult and instead of trying to figure it out for half an hour or more someone sat in front of me who knows what they are doing would spot it straight away.
:mad:
You got it my friend!!  keep working on it.  It's been a couple of years since I did this course and it has helped my free jamming immensely.  I have also been able to invent some riffs based on what I have learned.  I need to get back and refresh and ramp up the speed with the metronome.  I began working and going from triplets to 1/16th notes and then back to triplets cuz I'm certain that Joe Bonamassa does this all the time........... but then I got a little lost.........  gotta keep on work'n it!