Bill's Solo #1

bills10733

Blues Newbie
Still kind of rough around the edges, but at least recognizable (I think).  The toughest part about this solo for me was the first couple of notes.  I really had to work hard to get from that first bend to the B string.  Seems like it should be simple, and I haven't seen other having trouble with it, but my fingers just didn't want to cooperate.

https://soundcloud.com/bill-smith-40/bgu-solo-1

Elio

Student Of The Blues
I have to concur with everyone else. I thought it sounded pretty good.  Enjoy solo 2!

jazztoblues

Blues Newbie
Hey... that sounds real good! I'm hearing the same challenge in yours that I've got, namely, controlling the bend and getting to the "exact" note you (I) are bending to. I read a Wiki on Danny Kirwan, the original great guitarist of Fleetwood Mac, who is one of the sweetest players ever. But his successor in the band, Bob Welch, commented on how perfect his bends were. Didn't talk about his note selection or whatever, but about his bends. And that I think is what makes a super-sweet blues solo different from just hitting the "right" notes. I know what I need to do; practice that full-step bend and really listen to where I'm ending up. At this point, it's hardest using the pinky of the bending hand, but that little digit is getting sronger!... thanks for the post of your version......bill

Thatman

Playin' for the fun of it.
Well what can one say, pretty darn good so onwards and upwards.  [smiley=beer.gif]