LESSON 10-2

A

ACOUSTIC1

::)WOULD ANYONE HAPPEN TO KNOW WHY I AM GETTING A WAH WAH BUZZING SOUND ON MY UPSTROKE WHEN I PLAY THIS  LESSON?  I TRIED ADJUSTING MY TONE LEVELS ON THE GUITAR AND THE AMP BUT I STILL HAVE RINGING SOUND WHEN I GET TO THE CHORD ON THE DOWNSTROKE.  I DON'T NOTICE IT ON ANY OTHER STUFF THAT I PLAY.

Chuck

Moderator (One of the Men in Black!)
Staff member
It sounds as though you're having a muting problem (I did, still do on occasion), As you continue to practice this "Texas Shuffle", it will improve. The string muting was/ is difficult for me at least!

Hope this helps.

L

Larry

It's a toughie, allright. Seems simple and looks simple when Griff does it in the video. But I have a hard time with this thing.

A

ACOUSTIC1

THANKS GUYS-I'LL KEEP PLUGGING AWAY AT IT!
GRIFF MAKES ALL OF IT LOOK SO EASY-WISH I COULD PLAY HALF AS GOOD AS HE DOES! :-/

560sdl

Blues Newbie
A wah sound and buzzing don't really seem to go together.  I am not that far in the lessons yet, so I will offer an opinion on the buzzing.   I have noticed twice recently (on two different guitars that I had some intermittent buzzing.  Strangely enough they were the same issue with different causes.  On one guitar the set up had to be adjusted a bit.  The notch in the nut had to be slightly altered.  On the other is was simply an issue with re-stringing a guitar.  I guess I was just a little careless but the final, lowest winding on the string was not quite low enough so it was not putting adequate downward pressure on the nut, making it act like the first guitar.  It might have been possible to fix the first one by adjusting the string but it is too late now.  

But if you thing about it, if you are not careful, there is about 1/8" to 3/16" of play for where the string could leave the tuner.  Pretty important stuff.

johnc

systematic
It's a great style of playing but not easy to master. I hope I am half way there.  I believe some of us have had close to family walkouts and dogs leaving home over this, so keep with it, persist , persist and persist again.  I hope it comes good for you soon.
A guy who specializes in and is very passionate with this style is Anthony Stauffer if you haven't come across him already, and has some free tips at his web site: http://www.steviesnacks.com/  may help you further study this style if you want to visit.