Is that Jackson or Jack Rabbit?

PapaRaptor

Dancin' Fool
Staff member
This is getting out of hand. I think these things are multiplying like rabbits in the music room.
UPS showed up today with the one in front. It isn't what I ordered, but after a financially rewarding conversation with a Musicians Friend rep, I decided to keep it. I ordered a guitar with a Floyd Rose trem and locking nut. What arrived has a hardtail bridge and of course, no locking nut. The styling (spalted maple, tobacco burst satin finish) is the same.
I guess this means I need to get one more. Then I will have the Jackson Five. <Ducking and running>
DSC00159a.jpg

The garage sale will resume soon. I have identified several more guitars and three basses that need to find new homes.

PapaRaptor

Dancin' Fool
Staff member
That pink one reminds me of the soloist Jeff Beck played in the ‘80’s. Sexy,
I really like it. It's my first 6 string Jackson. The neck-through basses got me hooked. I haven't been disappointed with one of the instruments yet! The tobacco burst hardtail was a bit of a surprise. Initially I was disappointed that MF had shipped the wrong guitar, but after a quick setup, I decided to keep it.

The pink one is pretty cool. The neck and mid pickups are rails and single coil sized humbuckers. Probably the most noise free guitar I own.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
This is getting out of hand. I think these things are multiplying like rabbits in the music room.
UPS showed up today with the one in front. It isn't what I ordered, but after a financially rewarding conversation with a Musicians Friend rep, I decided to keep it. I ordered a guitar with a Floyd Rose trem and locking nut. What arrived has a hardtail bridge and of course, no locking nut. The styling (spalted maple, tobacco burst satin finish) is the same.
I guess this means I need to get one more. Then I will have the Jackson Five. <Ducking and running>
View attachment 20471

The garage sale will resume soon. I have identified several more guitars and three basses that need to find new homes.
Head Slap.jpg

Elwood

Blues
Some people would be upset at receiving the wrong guitar.
1713571099856.png+

When it happened to me I wasn't upset, I just wanted my ES-339. That much bling, for that much money, just not my cup of tea. Within two hours of receiving this one it was handed off the the local GC. Now if they had sent me something interesting I would have maybe tried my luck at negotiation.

PapaRaptor

Dancin' Fool
Staff member
View attachment 20485+

When it happened to me I wasn't upset, I just wanted my ES-339. That much bling, for that much money, just not my cup of tea. Within two hours of receiving this one it was handed off the the local GC. Now if they had sent me something interesting I would have maybe tried my luck at negotiation.
I don't know how I would have reacted to such a mixup.
As much as I would have liked to just keep quiet, I would have had pangs of conscience if I had. But there is alcohol to quell those pangs.
Besides, I'm not really an acoustic guy.

Last edited: