Global freezing blues

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
Considering it is freezing in Arizona---I figured a way to occupy myself---Here are some jam tracks to keep you other guys that are freezing busy for 20 minutes.----
they consist of several different styles of music---some blues some not. If you decide you would like to take a shot at them P.M. and I will gladly send you the chords. --the 1st,2 you should already know. "I"ll play the blues for you" and "The thrill is gone" the 2nd-- 2 are Santana---Black Magic woman and then "Evil Ways". After that my memory fails me.---There is 20 minutes of practice tracks---they are all songs I use to do back in the days. If you like them cool if not no big deal. There is almost enough to do a full set-If it keeps snowing I will do another bunch tomorrow. I used the Kawaii GB-2 on these---tomorrow I will use the GB-4 it sounds more real. Later. Edit --I screwed The thrill and Black magic woman---oh well I wouldn't be me if I didn't screw something up. It still works.

Last edited:

TexBill

Blues in Texas
@blackcoffeeblues WOW. Just checked Radar for Arizona and most of the western part of the state is getting snow. How cold has it been and how much snow have you gotten?

We are in for some heavy storms Thurs. and not looking forward to that. Upper 70s now and will cool down Thurs.

Stay warm and cook up some more great tracks...

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
Upper 70s now
Come on man your killing me :cry:. Everybody here, that have been here for some years all say--it's the coldest winter we ever seen.
So far I have had to shovel my drive way 3 times in 2 months, and it is coming down big time right now forecast says 12"+ tonight.
Oh well--the most I have ever seen here is 3 foot in 1985. Temps in the high teens in the mornings; but it is what it is--no need crying.
However the coldest temp. recorded in Arizona was 41 degrees BELOW 0--in 1971 at Hawley Lake---now that's some serious cold.
We better change the subject here---if you know what I mean. I will put some more tracks on a little more suiting to the shredders.

Silicon Valley Tom

It makes me happpy to play The Blues!
KOOL! :cool:

Sorry for that! :)

Thank you for the Jam Tracks. :Beer:

We have had a few storms in California recently. The most recent dumped 15 feet of snow on Yosemite National Park, closing the park. The CHP has advised motorists to not drive to the Ski Resorts, and avoid Tahoe. Hiways 50 and 80 are closed due to snow and ice. The Santa Cruz area has had a lot of snow and closed hiways. Los Angeles area has had snow and lots of road closures.

Staying home and playing a bit of guitar is a great idea! Just wait for that Spring thaw! :love:

Tom

TexBill

Blues in Texas
Come on man your killing me :cry:. Everybody here, that have been here for some years all say--it's the coldest winter we ever seen.
So far I have had to shovel my drive way 3 times in 2 months, and it is coming down big time right now forecast says 12"+ tonight.
Oh well--the most I have ever seen here is 3 foot in 1985. Temps in the high teens in the mornings; but it is what it is--no need crying.
However the coldest temp. recorded in Arizona was 41 degrees BELOW 0--in 1971 at Hawley Lake---now that's some serious cold.
We better change the subject here---if you know what I mean. I will put some more tracks on a little more suiting to the shredders.
Not familar with Hawley Lake. Guess the closest I have been would be Flagstaff and Williams area up by Grand Canyon. Interstate 40 both times in the upper area.Then the other extreme is a trip to Tuscon on Interstate 10. No where in the middle. Do you have any idea the elevation at Hawley Lake.

Don't hurt yourself shoveling snow. You and I neither one are spring chickens,.LOL
Thanks for the tracks, there are very kewl.

TexBill

Blues in Texas
KOOL! :cool:

Sorry for that! :)

Thank you for the Jam Tracks. :Beer:

We have had a few storms in California recently. The most recent dumped 15 feet of snow on Yosemite National Park, closing the park. The CHP has advised motorists to not drive to the Ski Resorts, and avoid Tahoe. Hiways 50 and 80 are closed due to snow and ice. The Santa Cruz area has had a lot of snow and closed hiways. Los Angeles area has had snow and lots of road closures.

Staying home and playing a bit of guitar is a great idea! Just wait for that Spring thaw! :love:

Tom

Tom every time I hear some part of CA is getting record snow or rain, I pay close attention to hear what area is affected. Not that familar with San Jose, been to airport once, and then a day trip to Redwood City. That was back in the '70s while living in Sacramento. Don't imagine you got snow, did you?

Hope all is well with you and family. Take it easy.

artyman

Fareham UK
The climate is really screwed up we have only had 8% of the normal winter rainfall during February, so water shortages could be a problem later in the year as the reservoirs aren't full.

TexBill

Blues in Texas
@artyman WOW! That is highly unusal for your area. My one and only experience with that area was late Nov. to early Feb. '66-'67. During that time frame, I believe the sun was only visible for less than 12 hours collectively (approx. 60 days). Now that may have been a rarity, however, it has stuck in my memory of the time there.

Hopefully rain will come (in moderation) soon.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Thanks, I noodled with the first 3. I wasn't sure what the next two were. Still a fun fuew minutes.
Thanks again.

Elio

Student Of The Blues
Tom every time I hear some part of CA is getting record snow or rain, I pay close attention to hear what area is affected. Not that familar with San Jose, been to airport once, and then a day trip to Redwood City. That was back in the '70s while living in Sacramento. Don't imagine you got snow, did you?

Hope all is well with you and family. Take it easy.
Here's what my backyard in Southern California looked like yesterday. I haven't seen that happen in a few years.

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
Thanks, I noodled with the first 3. I wasn't sure what the next two were. Still a fun fuew minutes.
Thanks again.
Mike the 4th one is "Down home blues" by Z.Z. Hill-- I THINK it is in G7-C7-D7, if it is not that, it is out of A. The last one is just a play along tune that I use to use for break time. it might be my favorite it is just a 4 beat no words-. Probably out of G or A too.

TexBill

Blues in Texas
Here's what my backyard in Southern California looked like yesterday. I haven't seen that happen in a few years.

Thanks for sharing vid of backyard. How far is it to San Bernardino Mtns.?
Isn't it highly unusal for you to get snow. I would have never dreamed it.

Almost as rare for us to get snow. Althogh, we had heavy snow (for this area) Feb. 2021. Significant power outages and streets were hazardous for a period of time. Temp was record low at -6 F.

My neighborhood did not lose power, however, the water inlet station on one of the lakes lost power and we are serviced by that station/treatment plant. Consequently we did not have water for a while.

Maybe snow angel is a possibility... Just saying.

Last edited:

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Thanks Goodness Climate Change is a Hoax....this could be a lot worse!

Nice tracks Dave.

Love the Santana, I can fake a tidbit here and there, whish I could really play some.
Can you?

Elio

Student Of The Blues
Thanks for sharing vid of backyard. How far is it to San Bernardino Mtns.?
Isn't it highly unusal for you to get snow. I would have never dreamed it.

Almost as rare for us to get snow. Althogh, we had heavy snow (for this area) Feb. 2021. Significant power outages and streets were hazardous for a period of time. Temp was record low at -6 F.

My neighborhood did not lose power, however, the water inlet station on one of the lakes lost power and we are serviced by that station/treatment plant. Consequently we did not have water for a while.

Maybe snow angel is a possibility... Just saying.

We're at the base of the foothills about 10 miles from the I5 Grapevine over the Cajon Pass between the San Bernardino and San Gabriel mountains. It routinely gets snowed in during storms but we're at a low enough elevation (about 1,500 feet) that we virtually always avoid it -- well, *almost* always.

Here's how it looked today oops, that was actually *yesterday* morning before it started snowing.

20230301_112019.jpg

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
Love the Santana, I can fake a tidbit here and there, whish I could really play some.
Can you?
Nope; A little bit, a VERY little bit intro to Black magic Woman I am a rythem player not a lead player. I can play a a little lead but prefer leaving that to some body that knows what he is doing. Backing tracks are hard to play with if you don't know the words to the song-also these tracks are made for practice--there is no guitar in them except for the bass. Once you add your guitar on top of them they come together---even if it just the rythem guitar. it takes a LOT of practice to gig with them and I mean a LOT.
With my machine the song will keep looping till I push the stop pedal...at times I would just let it run for several minutes just looping, that's how you get the feel and get to experiment.
When I put these on here I was thinking that most all of us have loopers and that you could put them/ or just the one that you like into your looper and and jam till yo get the feeling.

We only got 7 inches and it has mostly melted off. Nice picture Elio---looks like the view from my porch.

BraylonJennings

It's all blues
Nope; A little bit, a VERY little bit intro to Black magic Woman I am a rythem player not a lead player.
Years ago I used to fool around with BMW, but could never get much past the intro to sound good. Last week caught a blues show where they played BMW. The pro guitar player dropped his pick at the start of the intro, tried to fingerpick it unsuccessfully (he got flustered), finally bent over and retrieved the pick and proceeded to tear it up. But during the climactic solo he was moving all over the fret board when he landed on the eleventh fret instead of the tenth. It took him a couple clunkers before he slid down and blazed through the end of the solo. This was an established 60 something Mississippi bluesman and I was impressed how well he recovered, though I'm sure those duds were the notes that stuck with him after the show. When I got home, I worked through the song and was pleasantly surprised at how well I can play it now by ear. That's what a couple years of paying attention to Griff and BGU2 can do for you.