Anyone Using this Forte Thing?

Crossroads

Thump the Bottom
So they sent me a free version and now they ant money to upgrade..

I guess you play an instrument and is scores it for you? At least that's what I was hoping it would do, but haven't had time to check it out.

Anyone?

jporzelius

Blues Junior
I am interested in this topic as well. I have been doing a little more songwriting for my band and would like a way to better communicate my ideas to the band members. Just started browsing Forte and sybelius. I would love to hear any experiences others have had.

thanks,

jim

snarf

making guitars wish they were still trees
Looks like it might work the other way . You write it and it plays. I wants something that writes what I am playing. If it does that then i'm in.
That's the idea that I got. You write and it plays what you write. Granted, I could've missed something since I watched the vid while I was working.

Griff

Vice Assistant General Manager
Staff member
Admittedly, I haven't tried that particular piece of software, but I've tried others that promise to write what I play...

So far, it hasn't worked out very well, not even close. They do a really horrible job, and my time is pretty good, and they still butcher what I play.

If that works well, I'm in!

Cowboy Bob

Horse Player/Guitar Wrangler
So far, it hasn't worked out very well, not even close. They do a really horrible job, and my time is pretty good, and they still butcher what I play.

If that works well, I'm in!

I agree.

Not often, but I have had to on occasion, transcribe a part of a passage for either myself or a client.

I can usually do it by ear but, especially with keyboards because I suck as a keyboard player, I need help transcribing.

So....my particular MO is to take the recorded material into Melodyne. I can then convert it to midi, and import that into Sibelius. No, it ain’t perfect but it gets me 90% there. The cleaner the signal, meaning dry guitar, etc., the more successful.

I’ve not had much luck using midi pick-ups, but your mileage may vary.