Solo 4 Recordings and Comments

Thanks for the comments and encouragement guys.  I will start using a metronome when i practice scales, and see what i can do to add sustain or delay.

bills10733

Blues Newbie
Sounds good WIT.  I think the playing was pretty clean.  It will always sound better with time, so after a thousand more repetitions or so you will find it to be smoother and cleaner.  :) I actually think it sounded pretty good.  You might try a little overdrive, or sustain.  You can do this after the fact on your iPhone with GarageBand and see what you think.  Good work!

Bill

Steve G

St. Simons Island, GA
I thought I'd have had this posted months ago but got sidetracked by right hand surgery in February, so it's only recently that I've been able to really get serious with my playing again.  Anyway, here's Solo 4.  Played on my Tele, mic'd through my Egnater Tweaker with a Boss DD-7 Delay pedal and a Keeely modded Boss SD-1 overdrive.

https://db.tt/5SNYNHBy

Jalapeno

Student Of The Blues
Well, all the sliding in this one tore up my calluses on my fretting hand while I was learning it. So, until my calluses are reborn I could only muster up one take. I hear my bends suffering from no callus on my ring finger, it hurts to bend with a blister, yikes. Who knew?

Anyway... waa waa waa  :'(  Lot's of warts but it's all I gots.  Solo 5 will need to wait a few days.

Solo 4

This one was really fun too, despite the pain.

Jalapeno

Student Of The Blues
Thanks artyman! :) 

btw, took a look at your web site, being that I'm learning to watercolor (autocorrect keeps taking out the 'u' :) ) myself. I like the marine paintings especially.

Jalapeno

Student Of The Blues
Thank you Steve :)  I really love this mini course, so many licks to incorporate. It's little but it's a gold mine, imo.