NEW Line6 Catalyst CX amps

Silicon Valley Tom

It makes me happpy to play The Blues!
I have the "old model", and I love it! I am happy to be happy! :cool::love: With more bells and whistles, people who purchase the new model will enjoy the new features.

Tom

dvs

Green Mountain Blues
right after I bought the old model
Found this:
"Line 6 has released a free 2.0 firmware update for owners of the original Catalyst amp models, giving them the same 12 amp models and 24 effects. This is a great move, and I am sure it will be welcomed in the guitar community. It will add those new delays, modulation, pitch shifting, filters, and reverbs, plus give them more amps to play with."

Last edited:

Mr.Scary

A Blues Legend in My Own Mind
I don't see where you have any different fx then the previous models. 24 same as b4.
Only 6 new amp models.
Although it looks like you can replace the reverb with any fx whereas b4 the slot is dedicated to reverb only.

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
Found this:
"Line 6 has released a free 2.0 firmware update for owners of the original Catalyst amp models, giving them the same 12 amp models and 24 effects. This is a great move, and I am sure it will be welcomed in the guitar community. It will add those new delays, modulation, pitch shifting, filters, and reverbs, plus give them more amps to play with."

Awesome, thanks

Mr.Scary

A Blues Legend in My Own Mind
Awesome, thanks
I tried for a freakkin hour to download this. Found out the Line6 updater is no longer relevant to use. Had to download a different software to use to download the firmware for the Catalyst. Then my laptop kept saying it doesn't recognize my amp even though I use the catalyst edit for the amps all the time. After I got tired of jerking around with it I hauled my amp upstairs to my desktop pc. Downloaded all the files and firmware onto the desktop and then plugged my amp in and the first time I tried it ,it loaded into my amp. I don't know why the hell it didn't work on my pc. Took back down and catalyst edit is just fine. Make sure to turn off and hold manual and Bch. Down and turn on power to load the update. Life is not simple anymore.