Blues Gig In A Box

riverrick

Blues Newbie
I got my Blues Gig In A Box lesson today. Was wondering how do I access the 40 blues + 10 bonus jam tracks??? Also what is the BGU Insider's Vault. And how do I find that???

ytfeL

Blues Newbie
Click on the BGU-Member's Forum header in the above right hand corner. Then click- Member Login. Log in and check "digital downloads" and your "filebox".  McMike

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
I think you are referring to the Ultimate Jam tracks. Unless I'm mistaken, you have to buy them.
I just looked for a link to the page where you can buy them, but I couldn't find it.
As suggested look in your "My Filebox" if Griff has decided to include them with BGIAB, then they should be there. If not, then I'd check with the help desk helpdesk@bluesguitarunleashed.com, or PM Griff.

Ivan

Blues Newbie
I already had the Ultimate Jam Tracks but I think the BGU Insiders vault is on the Blues Guitar Unleashed Members Portal page.
You should see BGU Insiders tab on the top tool bar right beside My Account and Digital Downloads. Click on it  and you'll find 6 dropdown links to different lessons.

D

dan.day6@gmail.com

This from a list of bullet points on the web page outlining the benefits of "Blues Gig in a Box":

- You’ll learn the tried and true signals to direct a band when you do
find yourself on the stage with guys and gals you just met. Imagine being
able to lead a band and have them all think you’ve been doing it for years!

Where can this information be found in the Blues Gig In A Box course?

Griff

Vice Assistant General Manager
Staff member
This from a list of bullet points on the web page outlining the benefits of "Blues Gig in a Box":

Periodically throughout the course you'll hear me talk about raising a headstock or using a hand signal or some other type of signalling that you would use on a bandstand.

It's not something that has a whole section devoted to it (it's not that big of a topic) but those types of nuggets are sprinkled throughout as needed.

TonyS

Blues Newbie

Periodically throughout the course you'll hear me talk about raising a headstock or using a hand signal or some other type of signalling that you would use on a bandstand.

It's not something that has a whole section devoted to it (it's not that big of a topic) but those types of nuggets are sprinkled throughout as needed.
I was at a festival last weekend and one guy borrowed a band to be his backing band.  The rehearsal before the show went well but when he was singing during the performance this guy used all sorts of signals that were obviously his own and even more obviously hadn't told the band about them.  You could see everybody looking at each other thinking "What the heck does that mean?".  The crowd didn't seem to notice; they were just dancing the night away and having a great time.  The lesson I got out of Saturday was if you are going to use signals make sure the rest of the band know what you mean before you get on stage.

Silicon Valley Tom

It makes me happpy to play The Blues!
Some gestures are almost universal, but you had better know how to communicate.  I remember reading about and seeing film shots of Benny Goodman, directing his band.  When he looked at a band member you knew he was toast!   :'(

Tom