Finishing the Beginner Course, Next One to Start?

Yohannah

Blues Newbie
Hi, gang. It's been a slow crawl through the beginner course, but I'm almost there. I'd love to hear opinions on where to go next?

My top three choices, not necessarily in this order:
  • Acoustic Blues Unleashed
  • Acoustic Delta Blues Slide
  • Blues Guitar Unleashed
Thanks for feedback.

Yohannah

ervjohns

Blues Junior
I second the all access option, as far as the next course either BGU or the acoustic blues, depending on your interest. BGU will teach the core skills for playing in a band situation, even if that is by yourself using jam tracks, The ABU is more about playing by your self unaccompanied, keeping your own rhythm.

Of course the all access pass would give you both and let you dip into slide and theory, as well as the special live all access sessions with Griff on Theory, gear, and technique.

Good luck and have fun in your journey

Erv

david moon

Attempting the Blues
The rwo acoustic courses will send you off in an acoustic (and solo) direction. BGU is more oriented toward electric and band situation. I also agree the All Access Pass gives you access to everything at a reasonable rate.

Many Moons

Biking+Blues=Bliss
Well done on getting this far Yohannah.(y) I am the last person to give advice on where to go next. I have a bucket load of Griff's courses and have yet to complete one.:rolleyes: However, by the sound of it you are a focused person, and like to complete what you start, so If that is the case I would go for BGU2. If you apply yourself and get through that course, you will be ready for anything.:) The all access pass is undoubtedly great value, but with access to so many great courses you may find yourself (like me, and I don't even have the pass) bouncing around all over the place, whereas, if you were to complete BGU2 you would have a superb foundation to build on. (then you can feast upon the delights of all the other courses):) All the best which ever path you choose.

RobertCress

Blues Newbie
Thinking I was better at playing than I am I bought the acoustic blues Course, it has been awesome although I think I would benefited more by getting the beginners course first. Which ever way you go.......never quit

Walt H

cloudbase - Aint got time for gravity
There are so many quality offerings in Griff's catalog. I would humbly recommend Strumming & Rhythm Mastery or BGU 2.0 next, although I can't honestly do so from the perspective of having finished anything first. :oops:

I am actually on the very last lesson of strumming and rhythm mastery and am in the process of doing a write up on it. It is an absolutely fantastic course.