ZZ Top Style In A

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
I was just listening again to the track and it appears to have gone slightly sideways, quality wise about the time @Mr.Scary recorded his part. The stereo separation went away and the recording became much more muddy sounding. Maybe just a wrong setting on the recording software. @Paleo followed Mr. Scary. No matter, we aren't making hit records down here, but with as much as is left of the track, I wanted to give anyone else who wanted a chance the opportunity to work with a "cleaner" version, so I took the track to my DAW and did a little remix. I hope I didn't substantially alter the tone of Mr.Scary or Paleo's submissions, as I tried to bring their guitars above the backing portion and mix it with the original clean backing track. At the end of Paleo's solo at around 6:15, it goes back to the clean version from the original backing track.

http://fuzzypinkstrap.com/VJR/ZZTopStyleInA-Fixed.mp3

Carry on!

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
I hate doing that cause then I have to deal with all the calls from record companies

Deal with it...
crap-hitting-the-fan.gif

Ted_Zeppelin

I’ll agree with you so that both of us are wrong.
My mixes kept coming up short. I found an end marker at the 5:00 mark. I couldn't delete it so dragged it to the end of the file @ 9:30.

I am in 6:10 - 7:40. I might have stepped all over the backing track. Still getting used to Presonus, my Neo 2488 was much easier.

https://soundcloud.com/user-831164214/zz-top-style-in-a

For the life of me, I cannot figure out how to download Crossroads track to my PC. I have a Soundcloud account and and am signed into it but can't find any way to save the file. Tried clicking anything that I could. Tried right clicking on the song. The only thing I see is "save link". I'm sure that I am missing something simple but at the moment can't figure it out.

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
Tried clicking anything that I could.

"Normally" when you click on the "... More" button you get a download option.

@Crossroads : These instructions from other SoundCloud users have appeared in this forum in the past.

Log in to your Soundcloud page, hover your mouse below the audio track, and a pencil icon will magically appear - click on that to edit settings.

At the bottom of the Edit page, click in the box to enable downloads, then click the Save button.

That should do it?

Last edited: