Zoomstock (or Son of Kalamazoom)

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by PapaRaptor, Sep 11, 2020.

?

Are you interested in Zoomstock (aka Kalamazoom Part 2)

Poll closed Sep 21, 2020.
  1. Yes, I attended and can't wait to do another one

70.0%
  2. Yes, I didn't attend, but I would like to see what I missed.

25.0%
  3. Meh.

5.0%
  4. Nope. Been there done that. Wasn't terribly impressed.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. No, not interested.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PapaRaptor

PapaRaptor The Central Scrutinizer
    Staff Member

Hi all, I'm trying to gauge interest in doing another online get together using Zoom teleconferencing. We did two days of Kalamazoom in August and had 19 attendees on the Thursday session and 22 on the Friday session. Do you want to do it again? This poll is limited to only one question, but if you're interested, which day of the week would be your preference? If you have a preference, please respond in the thread. Also, if you attended and loved it or hated it, please feel free to offer your opinion.

The Zoom format does limit us to not having live jamming, but we had no shortage of people performing as solo acts.

Thanks in advance!

2. MikeS

MikeS Allen, TX
    Staff Member

2 "Which day" issues..
    1) I already have a regular call every Friday (not a big issue. I can always pop in and out of Zoomstock as I did last time)
    2) it shouldn't conflict with an AAP session.

blackcoffeeblues likes this.
  3. brent

brent Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

I would prefer a weekend. I popped into one of the "practice" runs but was not able to attend the actual Kalamazoom event due to my work schedule (Mon-Fri).

4. PapaBear

PapaBear Guit Fiddlier

I’d favor a weekend as well

5. sloslunas

sloslunas NM Blues

Two paws up on this! If nothing else it was great to see some of the brothers. I promise not to play or sing if we can get everyone on board with this...

Steve

6. Grateful_Ed

Grateful_Ed Student Of The Blues

Well, I did pop into one, and would love a once every month or two opportunity to do the same. I'm still de-bugging my camera, Mic/recorder and software/interface/computator conglomeration. This could take a while. It would be foolish to wait for me.
    I currently have the ability to open a beer, pour a shot and watch what mischief ensues. so there's that. :sneaky:

7. PapaRaptor

Staff Member

That puts you better than halfway there!

8. artyman

artyman Fareham UK

Weekend would seem the most logical choice, time difference means it's late evening here in the UK which can mean volume limitations in consideration of the neighbours. But at least I won't need wellys with no mud involved.:LOL:

9. tommytubetone

tommytubetone Portage, MI

Say what?? :D

blackcoffeeblues and PapaBear like this.
  10. artyman

artyman Fareham UK

Obviously never heard or been to Glastonbury, the big annual music gig in the UK

PapaBear and tommytubetone like this.
  11. jmin

jmin Student Of The Blues

I’d like to try that again. I don’t remember much of the first one...:Beer:

12. blackcoffeeblues

blackcoffeeblues Student Of The Blues

I'm in----need a reason to start practicing again. Any day works for me---I closed my business down- no sense pushing my luck, at 76 .

jmin likes this.
  13. Silicon Valley Tom

Silicon Valley Tom It makes me happpy to play The Blues!

I am doing my best to get my equipment up and running. The Logitech 930e that my daughter bought me for my birthday in May just arrived! :):thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: Slowly, I am getting it set up and operational. The last session was a blast. Lots of fun watching you guys. Doing this on a regular basis to me, is a fine idea. :cool::Beer:

A note about the Logitech 930e: I had to download a driver, and used google to find a site. Well, the fine print said that I had to pay $9.99 a month, to use their 930e driver! What? So I finally found the Logitech site, and the driver is free. Finding out how to use this machine - recording etc., is a real pain. But it can be used to record video and sound, which I have done. The camera is about 3 1/2" wide and has two microphones built in. I thought it was much larger?

Something I noticed from my recording yesterday: I have not had a haircut in many months and my hair is too long! :eek: :(

Does anyone have a favorite recording software for web cameras? I am using the Windows 10 software, and it is a real pain to use. o_O

By the way, weekends might be best for the majority, and I will go along with that.

Tom

#13 Silicon Valley Tom, Sep 13, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2020
    PapaBear and jmin like this.
  14. Silicon Valley Tom

Silicon Valley Tom It makes me happpy to play The Blues!

I can remember that I had no operational microphone or web camera :(, and that you were a bit quiet. :):Beer:

15. jmin

jmin Student Of The Blues

Thanks,Tom. Quiet is much better than rude and obnoxious!
    I thought I was having trouble seeing or hearing you!

PapaBear and Silicon Valley Tom like this.
  16. david moon

david moon Attempting the Blues

Sunday afternoon (US) would be good since Americans are abandoning "woke" pro sports, late evening for UK/Europe and early for Oz.

Just wondering, do we have any members in between, Turkey, Middle East, India, Pakistan?

17. david moon

david moon Attempting the Blues

Just checked Australia has 3 time zones. So kind of like coordinating Eastern, Central and Mountain time in US. New Zealand is 2 hours earlier than the earliest Aus time zone. And then there's the date line....

18. PapaRaptor

Staff Member

Somehow, I find that difficult to believe. I'm going on 4 years since my last haircut and I"m still pissed that I got talked into it back then!

It will be good to have you aboard as a full and participating member.

19. PapaRaptor

Staff Member

OK, let's float a couple of dates. Based on input so far, the weekend is clearly the best choice, with Saturday being my personal choice. A start time of around 3PM U.S. Eastern time (GMT -4:00) might be a bit early for Sunday morning Australia, but hopefully, we'll still be online when they can comfortably wake up. That also gives us some decent time with our UK brothers before their bedtime.

I'm looking at either September 26 (27 for Australia) or October 3. This should give every attendee the opportunity to work up something for sharing with the rest of the gang. The acoustic performances were a bit hit during Kalamazoom, but Mr. Burlew's classic rock bits were also really good. I'm leaning more towards October 3, in order to give everyone a chance to work on something for the group.

Of course, there is also the option to just sit around and drink during the session. While this is an option, it will certainly cause you to be subjected to some form of derision about doing a live performance.

PapaBear, jmin and Grateful_Ed like this.
  20. blackcoffeeblues

blackcoffeeblues Student Of The Blues

Sounds about right--Got to give Steve time to tune up his guitar.:Beer:

PapaBear, PapaRaptor and sloslunas like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.