Yours for only $16,000

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Interesting but!
I don't think the price is the major barrier to making this popular.
I think it's more about players desire to own several guitars rather than having one that does it all.
It's more of a novelty than a must have.
Just my opinion:whistle:

Ask yourself, if I had one guitar that did it all, would I be happy?............I bet the answer in no.

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
Ask yourself, if I had one guitar that did it all, would I be happy?............I bet the answer is no.
I do ... my "MIM" highly-modified Strat. And it does it all without a drawer full of interchangeable pickups.
But I have 15 others as well. But if I could only keep one, it would be that Strat and I would be pretty happy.

Silicon Valley Tom

It makes me happpy to play The Blues!
Actually, I am so happy with my Gretsch, that my other guitars (electric) remain in their cases. Being happy is a state of being. I am relieved of the state of frustration - "trying to find the perfect Guitar". Truely, I find it not a bad place to be! But then, what do I know? :) I have no interest in trying different guitars and their many different parts, strings and all the rest, as well as finding the "right amplifier".

My appoligies to the economy, for not continuing to buy and sell guitars and other related items. Also, my apologies to the psychiatrist and phycologists of the world who attept to help those afflicted with the disorder of never being satisified with his or her guitar. :cry: :eek:

For those of you who have been or continue to be in the quest for "the perfect sound", good luck! Enjoy the ride. Just remember us poor fools who do not know any better. ;)

Tom

Iheartbacon

Blues Junior
Ask yourself, if I had one guitar that did it all, would I be happy?............I bet the answer in no.

I had only one electric (plus a couple acoustics I never touched) for over 15 years. It was a traditional SSS Stratocaster that did everything I wanted, especially after upgrading the pickups and adding a mid boost circuit. Eventually I decided to try an HH guitar as well, and since then I have added a “backup” Strat and a Cabronita Tele, plus a couple others that didn’t stick.

The original Strat is still my favorite and if I had to get rid of the others, I wouldn’t have an issue just going back to one. Other guitars don’t make me play better, or really all that different, and I get all the tonal variety I could ever need from the guitar controls and amp/pedal chain.

CapnDenny1

Student Of The Blues
When I used to tell people I had a half dozen guitars, they would ask why? I explained that I wasn't happy with how I sounded. I thought it was just a bad guitar. But after 6 of them I finally figured out the real problem. It wasn't the guitar that was at fault. I just needed a better amp!

After I accumulated a dozen amps and repaired and auditioned 50 more, I finally figured out it wasn't the guitar amp's fault either.

I decided that I was the cause of the bad sound. My own lack of skill. It wasn't the guitars nor the amps. I needed to learn to play better. I needed to practice every day, and find meaningful challenging lessons to work. Finally I could get my sound to improve.

That lasted a couple weeks, but practicing is too hard. So I decided it was the guitar again, and soon I will go back to the amps.

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Don't misinterpret my comment.
I suspect we all have a favorite guitar and "if" we had to, we could live with just one.

The point I was trying to make is, many if not most, guitar players own several guitars for a variety of personal reasons.

My belief is that, if given the chance to trade them all in for one that "does it all" it's not likely that they would want to do that.
From a practical point of view that concept makes sense but, playing music is not an exercise in practicality, It's more of an emotional experience.

This guitar may give you every tone you could ever want but, it will not replace the physical & emotional aspect associated with holding and playing an instrument.

Personally, I own a few (not many) guitars.
I have my #1 and #2 and everything else has a particular purpose.
One is for alternate tuning, a second is high strung and a third has a midi controller attached.

If I was a virtuoso on one instrument, I might be inclined to shed all the others.

Wildwood

Playin' Blues
I currently own 15 (?...) guitars. A Firefly, a couple Michael Kelly's, a PRS, a Fender, a couple EPI's, a Schecter, an ESP, a Monoprice, a Harmony Meteor, an Ovation and a couple others. I am not sure I could pick a favorite. I tend to pick one up, play it for a couple days, and move on to another.

If I had to pick one I guess I could...but I don't wanna :cool:

Elio

Student Of The Blues
I decided that I was the cause of the bad sound. My own lack of skill. It wasn't the guitars nor the amps. I needed to learn to play better. I needed to practice every day, and find meaningful challenging lessons to work. Finally I could get my sound to improve.

Don't jump to conclusions. It could be the cables you are using. At least, that's what I decided the issue was in my case. I'm still looking for the ultimate cable that makes me sound good :unsure:

Silicon Valley Tom

It makes me happpy to play The Blues!
I really enjoy playing one electric guitar. To me, it is more important to enjoy yourself, and play any music you like. Why do so many electric guitarists have more than one guitar? I saw a PBS Special a few weeks ago, and there was one guy on stage. He had 12 different electric guitars, and used specific ones for particular pieces of music. Some performers will have 2 or 3 on stage. Be like Willie Nelson, and have one! :) Granted, Willie's guitar is a classical acoustic with nylon strings, but it has a pickup. It works for him.

So often, I read on this forum and other places, that a person has to have the "correct guitar, strings, pick, etc. to play a specific piece of music. You also have to have "the right pedals, and amplifiers". Wow! Keep those foot switches moving baby! o_O

Well, whatever approach you take, try to have fun.

Tom

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
When I used to tell people I had a half dozen guitars, they would ask why? I explained that I wasn't happy with how I sounded. I thought it was just a bad guitar. But after 6 of them I finally figured out the real problem. It wasn't the guitar that was at fault. I just needed a better amp!
After I accumulated a dozen amps and repaired and auditioned 50 more, I finally figured out it wasn't the guitar amp's fault either.
That lasted a couple weeks, but practicing is too hard. So I decided it was the guitar again, and soon I will go back to the amps
Honesty is tough ... especially about one's self. And Cap'nDenny's take I am quoting here is step #1. First you have to have your own technique and style down good and solid. Until then, no amp or guitar will "make you better". Getting to that point isn't easy. If you are still trying to figure out how to set up and use a tremolo, you aren't there yet. If you are still trying to figure out what string gauge is best, you aren't there yet. If you are still fussing about fretboard radius and different frets, you aren't there yet. If you are still asking others for their tone settings instead of simply being able to dial in the best tone your amp is capable of, you aren't there yet. And so many other things. But once there, there are differences between guitars and amps, and some of those differences are major.

JohnHurley

Rock and Roll
When I used to tell people I had a half dozen guitars, they would ask why? I explained that I wasn't happy with ..
That lasted a couple weeks, but practicing is too hard. So I decided it was the guitar again, and soon I will go back to the amps.

OMG this is all so true!!

Well i mean i practice a lot a lot!!

Its definitely the guitar thats not cooperating enuff ...

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
The guitar the OP has in his video is utterly amazing. I would love to have one. But 16 grand is WAY out of my world of even remote possibilities.

PapaBear

Guit Fiddlier

You just need a good pedal!

Stinger22

Blues Junior
If I was a constantly booked studio guy it would be a great guitar to have as the guy in the video notes. If I won the lottery and could afford it it would get serious look. Love the concept sorta an analog Variax with the actual pickups. All my guitars with humbuckers have coil taps to give additional tones this goes way further................

But of course it's not just about which pickups, a guitar is a total package from the neck feel, scale, body shape, tone controls, wood type, bridge type. None of my Tele's feel or play or sound the same.