You're Jammin me

Mr.Scary

A Blues Legend in My Own Mind
So I google open mic nights or jams and wasn't particularly interested in going to bars but I stumbled upon a bluegrass jam session that's been going on for a couple years and the host said that he was trying to grow different style jams along with his bluegrass one of which is Blues. It started in Feb. So I decided to try it out. It's about 50 min. away but doable. So I brought my guitar and SR 15 watt amp. Wound up leaving it on 1 watt setting. We had beginner to past intermediate and 30s to 70yr old. We had 4 acoustic, 3 electric, bass, keyboard and no drums allowed but had an electronic sort of drum kit the host played. All sat around in a circle and took turns with solos . The host sang all the songs but I went down today and bought a Kustom pa50 portable speaker with the hopes of getting my singing voice back and sing a few tunes to help out. All in all a great starting point

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230412_135848_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230412_135848_Chrome.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot_20230412_140212_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230412_140212_Chrome.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 11

BraylonJennings

It's all blues
I love bluegrass but it's too fast and precise for me to play with anyone who knows what they're doing. The blues jam seems like a great situation. Nice find!

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
that's great! It's a fantastic way to get started performing live.

MikeR

Guitar Challenged
Staff member
I've got one of those (the PA50) as well. It's a great bargain for a small, but powerful PA. Works great with one mic or a mic and an acoustic electric guitar.

Mr.Scary

A Blues Legend in My Own Mind
This was my 2nd time attending this after getting my daughter ready for college. For the last month and a half her stuff has fallen on the days of blues Jam. So when I went last night again my mind was blank. Couldn't remember where to play double stops, 9th chords, stuck to little chords and my solos stunk. Round 3 coming up in 2 weeks.
Did I have fun? Yes, still had fun.

Last edited:

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
what is this singing voice you speak of ?

Our jams, we never discussed having one of those