Your approach to the course?

molson39

Blues Newbie
Just received it the other day and I am looking forward to it.  I did have a question for you all.  In the intro Griff notes that you could work your way through all the exercises and then do the solos, or work on a section of exercises and the related solo.  I was curious as to how you guys have been approaching things.  Thanks for the input.

Tom

Steve G

St. Simons Island, GA
I was already very comfortable with all 5 box patterns, so, pretty much from the beginning, I was doing all of the major/minor switch excercises for each root note & working on the solos.  I've completed solo 1 & am working on solo 2, although right now I'm spending more time on some other stuff. 

miko

Blues Newbie
I was learning one pattern in maj/min the I tried the solo... I found it much more rewarding than waiting until the end...

Silicon Valley Tom

It makes me happpy to play The Blues!
I was learning one pattern in maj/min the I tried the solo... I found it much more rewarding than waiting until the end...

I read your suggestion yesterday and thought it is a great idea!  I am going to learn the Major box 2 and Minor Box 1, go to Lesson 4 - Mixing the Sounds, and then try Solo 1. 

At first I thought that I would learn all the major/minor boxes, and then continue with the following lesson, until I got to the Solos.  Your idea is so much better!  It lets you play music so much faster.  There is no question that this will reduce the frustration factor by several orders of magnitude.   

Exercises are nice but I like a reward for my effort.  I thought it would be about 10 months before I got to the first solo.  Now it should take a few weeks.

Thank you again.