Yes another NEW old guy!

FrankRedman

Blues Newbie
Lifelong drummer who decided to finally pick up a guitar! Been playing for about 10 months. Practicing really more than playing! Been watching short clips of Griff for quite some time and decided I wanted to finally do his course. Already learned I was holding my thumb incorrectly all this time. WOW...who knew! I am sure I will learn a lot more as time goes on. As a young 69....70 in a couple days I hope you youngsters will have patience with me! LOL

Attachments

• Axes.jpg
    Axes.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 13

artyman

Fareham UK
Hi and welcome from one of the UK mob, and older than you , this place is getting like a kindergarten :D Great bunch of folk on here with plenty of advice and encouragement. Take a wander down to the basement and look in on the Virtual Jam Room, where you can find a bunch of us hanging out and playing some blues, so come and join in.

PapaBear

Guit Fiddlier
Welcome Frank and enjoy your journey, I'll be 65 this June so I guess I'll be over the hill as well

MikeR

Guitar Challenged
Staff member
Welcome aboard Frank! You're close to the average age of the moderators here, so "youngsters" doesn't apply to us. :D

Grateful_Ed

Student Of The Blues
Welcome to the Clan Frank, I'm glad you found us.
As a member in good standing of the "Oh Lord, just give me one more day" brigade, I can assure you the youngsters here aren't too annoying. ;)

david moon

Attempting the Blues
Frank- I played bass most of my life, then dabbled in drums to try to better understand the bass/drum relationship. You might want to try the reverse, look into playing bass also. I don't want to discourage you from guitar. We could use more bass players at Griff's and regional events.

Anyway welcome to the forum.

MarkRobbins

Blues Junior
Welcome. I'm 71, so there's no shortage of folks older than you around here. Regarding thumb placement, I've discovered that neck shape dictates it to a great degree. I simply cannot put my thumb in the same place on the neck of my Taylor acoustic that I do on my Dean Zelinsky electric. Very different shape of the back of the neck.

JohnHurley

Rock and Roll
Been playing for about 10 months. Practicing really more than playing! Been watching short clips of Griff for quite some time and decided I wanted to ...

Yikes another old dude starting guitar that hardly ever happens here!

You are way ahead of many of us since you can count and keep time!!

Try not to death grip guitar either ha ha welcome to the factory of madness here!