Writing songs open to the forum

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
I would like to know if any of you would offer a subject line to a song and let the Brothers that write songs , write a song useing it as a subject matter/......I think it would be fun to hear the different styles...any body up for it?????----

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
Strings On My Fingers
HMMM-that could be a tough one.-----The reason I posted this is---There are companies-I will call "song factories"----They employee people who want to write songs---average employees probably around 16 workers. They sit in a room and the Bossman will come in and write a subject or word-phrase on the chalk board---the employees then work around the boss mans idea--after all the writers come up with something they submit it too the heads of the company and they go through them trying to pick which one could possibly be a hit (if any), if they find one--then they promote it to various artist to see if any one would be intrested in it.
At least that is the way it use to be. With the computer age things might have changed. It is kind of like being a studio musician.

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
On my way to see my baby and my car broke down.

I want to see you but the restraining order says no.

Three flat tires and out of gas.

There's something in the fan and it don't smell too good.

Miller High Life for us low-lifes.

I can't sing a note, but here's something I wrote.

My GPS can't find your heart.

Life Ain't a Race.

Out of liquor, out of weed and out of time.

I'll think of some more...

Last edited:

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
I miss you, but I miss your sister more.
I'd call you, but my phone forgot your number.
My dog loves me more than you do.
A mind is a terrible thing to waste, but they gave me one anyway.
Stayin' on the right side of the road.
Rush hour, brakelight blues.
My spark plugs ain't sparkin'
I made an illegal U Turn to come back to you.
You broke my heart. Now you're bustin' my balls.
Your trust fund means the world to me.
My daddy owns a liquor store.
When I heard you whisper John Deere, I thought you meant the tractor, not my best friend.
Text dirty to me.
My dog knows what you did.
I don't eat quiche.
This highway runs north and south.
If I was 20, I might like that!

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
O.K. Papa I am going to pick one of your suggestions. (Not sure which one yet). I am also taking on Capn Moto's "Strings on my fingers"..
I have NO IDEA where to go with them from here but....I am gonna give it a try. It might be, Blues, Country, Boogie Woogie, Love, elevator music.----again NO IDEA it might take me awhile. (hopefully not that long) That will depend on which words or arrangement POPS UP first n my head. (YIKES THAT'S ALL I NEED IS MORE POP UPS IN MY BRAIN). I will let you know which one in the next couple days.----I did a little on Capn's while driving home from Nevada today. Kind of have the message I want to convey BUT--------it's not an easy one unless you want to talk about guitars.
But I got a idea.......By the way where you at DAVEY????? and any body else?????

Last edited:

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Remember............
Every sunset is also a sun rise for somebody just over the horizon.
I think it's a new day for mak'n music.

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
Well you know Capn. Music Is All About ---self expression. I would almost bet you that 95% of the members on this forum have something to SAY----(that's why we are here).
I noticed at the time of this reply, there had been 117 views and only 12 replies---mostly me, you, and Papa.
To me songwriting is much more fun and relaxing than spending hours trying to get a guitar solo down,point to point.
Song writing is a way to make people--- Smile--or let them know you understand there hardships-there Loves-there Dislikes-there political feelings-ETC-ETC-ETC_ basically "LIFE".
I know a lot of members just want to show there expression through there guitars----but- IT AIN'T THE SAME.---as EXPRESSING YOURSELF verbally.
This thread was not to be a competition by any means-it was strictly meant to give members a NEW approach to there MUSIC...Later:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: P.S.---I already got a song I wrote for my wife before we were married in 1972---"The Sunsets Everyday". Might have to pull that one out of my archives for you.

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
Sounds good. Were headed to the Lake tomorrow for a few days----gonna try to fish and finish "Talking Water Board Blues". (One Step At A time).
I will need to go through the archives before I leave and find the words to "The Sun Set's Everyday" I remember the 1st two verses but not sure about the last two.---I actually have it copy righted back when it cost $9.00.....they might be expired by now. (46 years)..OH WELL ----- 80 degrees over at the Lake-- warm and sunny.:):):)

Many Moons

Biking+Blues=Bliss
By the way where you at DAVEY????? and any body else?????
Still laughing at some of Papas suggestions!!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Tenderness shouldn't hurt like this.
Your photo didn't tell the truth.
A trash can full of memories.
A shoebox full of memories.
Brain blitz.
Why say it when you can write it? (A cowards way out)
Easy girl.., my pacemakers batteries are low!!
Was that you girl? (or feedback in my hearing aid):ROFLMAO:
How many beats can a heart skip?
GPS heart.
I didn't know Cupids arrow has a poisonous tip.

Go for it BCB!!!!:thumbup:

Last edited:

Wildwood

Playin' Blues
How about everyone pitching in to write the song.

Someone (some pretty darn good ones suggested already) comes up with the subject line. Then BCB (or any of the other songwriters here) starts witting the song. Then others can pitch in. Eventually we will have a song! Written by the BGU forum members! Then Griff (or anyone else) can put it to music and...voila!! We have a song.

Then we get it published, sell it to ??? and we all become millionaires (or thousand-airs, or hundred-airs, or dollar-airs, or penny-airs :unsure:).